overall
Brewed by Big Rock Brewery
Style: Brown Ale
Calgary, Canada

RATINGS: 171   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Lighter, copper colored version of Traditional has a nutty finish reminiscent of fine English brown ale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
suspect (1) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 25, 2011 does not count
This beer is very refreshing, with a lingering but pleasant aftertaste. No negative side effects. When I originally bought this beer I thought the label had two goblins on it until later I put two and two together to realize that the name correlated with the design ;)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
manson (10) - CANADA - NOV 8, 2003
Nice beer. Good flavour but not overpowering. Perfect with nachos watching the hockey game.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Brewster (29) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 1, 2003

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fiend (104) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 28, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2005 Another great beer from Big Rock! I found this cream ale to have a light & sweet aftertaste...but donít get me wrong...this isnít a light beer. The flavor stares you down just like the red eyed warthog on the label!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - SEP 10, 2002
A bit light-colored and bodied for a brown ale. Caramel-colored with a white, thin head. It may have a few nutty scents, but theyíre faint. Itís more like an ale, as Newcastle Brown (a brown ale that defines the genre for me) is considerably maltier and thicker. This beer is Newcastle "lite". However, for what it is, a simple ale, itís pleasant and quaffable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - OCT 6, 2003
One of the beers i like more than most. I liked the flavor alot, mild hops and a good bite. Struck a nerve with me somehow I think.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beerguys (50) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 22, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2005 I found this beer to have a bold taste. Very similar to Big Rock Tradition ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
furballman (25) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - OCT 4, 2007
Nice brown color, incredably smooth. I was quite impressed because this is a beer that I could drink alot of if I was thirsty and it doesnít lose much. Good carbonation, nice taste, but the head was very thin, thatís the 4 for appearance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2003 Aroma was nutty, almost walnut-like with subtle alcohol undertones, Appearance differs from most if not all brown ales I have gotten my hands on, this was almost red and very transparent, I hope such transparency is not a foreshadowing of its flavor...starts out slightly nutty...I'd say this brew is very similar to newcastle or double maxim, light, nutty and refreshing...A tad bit more carbonation than it's English cousins but just as good IMO

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Tessic (840) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 13, 2004
Pours a amber colour with a white head that didn't last too long even after a vigorous pour. Heavy malt scents along with honey doughy yeast notes. Smooth initial sip. Very nice slightly toasted malt flavour with a little sweetness. The finish was a little doughy with some more bread flavours. Flavour disappeared quickly though unfortunatly.