overall

RATINGS: 699   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This big, rich IPA features Simcoe hops which give it both a fruity, piney hop nose and a clean, ringing bitterness. IN-between, the malt flavor is slightly caramel for a touch of malt sweetness. This IPA is well-balanced and very expressive with hops.

Montebrown (1) - Iowa, USA - MAY 28, 2008 does not count
Judging from previous reviews I have to conclude thereís no account for tastes. As for me, this is the IPA Iíve been looking foróevery bit as fine as my first IPA years ago. And itís the first real thrill Iíve had tasting a new brew since thenómaking Big Sky IPA for me literally "one in thousands". Itís not your fatherís yellow beer, and light beer drinkers may want to dilute it with equal parts of seltzer water.

ranmannm (8) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - NOV 22, 2009 does not count
I love the smell of this beer! Hops really come through with a yeast bread note. The head is creamy and thick. Absoluty my favorite IPA! Not tooo bitter or strong. Perfect! Hey somebody had to give this a 20.

Lappy (16) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JUL 29, 2014
A Brilliant American IPA. I have tried them all and this is right up there with the best, if not the best. Clean fresh and flavoursome. Highly recommended.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
tuohyam (14) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JUL 13, 2008
The best decently priced IPA I’ve had. Very original fruity and hoppy flavor. You can’t beat this unless you pay a ton for a single bottle of double/imperial IPA.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
coldriver (2) - USA - JUL 7, 2010 does not count
resin, citrus, spruce, very bitter, medium bitterness, this is one of my favorites - the aroma alone overwhelms me

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sir+Drinksalot (34) - Iowa, USA - OCT 12, 2008
Outstanding! Very hoppy and fresh. Strong flavor of grapefruit and some pineapple. Smells great and has an absolute perfect color.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
grobeen (25) - , Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2009
Wow - I bought this on a whim , and was I pleasantly surprised! It is a fantastic, hoppy, fruity beer with a great overall feel and taste. It lands near the top of my IPA list!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ekarmst (44) - Ames, Iowa, USA - APR 26, 2012
Huge citrus hop aroma, firm bitterness without astringency. Sweet malt balances well. Finish is crisp and flavorful. One of my favorite IPAs.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Braudog (5627) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - MAY 23, 2007
Draft 8 oz at the brewery taproom; Dark rusty amber with a nice poofy íshmellowy head. Big time piney hop aroma. Nice chewy hop consistency, resin, pinetar, flowers. Excellent malt underpinning. Excellent brew. (#2925, 5/19/2007)

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
snotrocket (20) - USA - JUN 28, 2008
This is my go to IPA when I canít decide on what to drink, plus itís readily availible here so it makes my choice easy. Once you crack open the bottle you get a rush of floral hops. The floral smell is amplified after you pour it into you glass. It pours a reddish amber with a thin head. A refreshing and slightly carbonated mouthfeel makes go down really easy. Immediately you are immersed with intricate floral and slight pine flavors. The flavor stays consistent throughout and gets a little more bitter as you get further down the glass. very consistent and tasty IPA!