overall

RATINGS: 700   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This big, rich IPA features Simcoe hops which give it both a fruity, piney hop nose and a clean, ringing bitterness. IN-between, the malt flavor is slightly caramel for a touch of malt sweetness. This IPA is well-balanced and very expressive with hops.

hogan873's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hogan873 (449) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2009
Pours a beautiful clear amber with a frothy beige head. Powerful aroma of pine, grass, and sweet citrus. Smooth, full mouthfeel. Bitter citrus, pine, and grassy hops dominate the flavor. there is a slight biscuit malt hiding in there for decent balance. Finishes pretty bitter. A good IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ajtrupp (240) - Keenesburg, Colorado, USA - AUG 25, 2014
I've liked everything I've had from Big Sky. I love IPAs. I should like this, but I don't. I can't place my finger on why I don't, but I don't have to justify myself to you. Don't act like you know me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ctplt777 (116) - - AUG 20, 2014
Montana is beautiful first off and this beer is the same. Really nice dark amber color. Aroma is earth, grassy, exactly what I would expect a beer from Montana to be like. Taste is bitter with the same earthy grassy notes but it works. This isnít like a west coast IPA or honestly any other one out there. It just kind of is its own thing and it think thatís what makes it so good. Iím loving this and definitely try this if you can get Big Sky.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
maneliquor (3070) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - AUG 14, 2014
Sample bottle from Denver. Cheers mate! Just before the 3 month mark so fairly happy with that considering we are in Aus. Itís a fairly dark amber for an IPA. Nose is sticky and resinous with a load of toffee and pine. A little too malt driven as far as I like my IPAís. Mediocre

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beertholomeus (764) - California, USA - AUG 9, 2014
UPDATED: AUG 10, 2014 Pours amber with an off white head. Hop, caramel, citrus floral and malt aroma and flavors. Medium body and carbonation with a floral and hop finish.

Lappy (21) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JUL 29, 2014
A Brilliant American IPA. I have tried them all and this is right up there with the best, if not the best. Clean fresh and flavoursome. Highly recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
haddon90 (1451) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 27, 2014
Bottle at the airport. Pours a clear copper color with a lacing white head. Nice, hoppy aroma with a bitter grapefruit finish. Amazing, tart, hoppy taste. Very smooth with a little tangy fruit in there. A really good IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
gkeh (194) - Texas, USA - JUL 19, 2014
Lots of pine, grapefruit. Slight malt backbone. Full bodied, very good IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
arnold931 (528) - Iowa, USA - JUL 9, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear copper with nice white head. Nose is pineapple and tropical. Taste has nice sweetness. Nice aftertaste. Nice IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bluegoosed (36) - - JUL 6, 2014
Flavors arenít as deep as some of my favorite IPAs and double IPAs but still really nice citrus/grapefruit, pine, and hops. In addition, some sweetness blended in along with some bitterness on the finish which I really like. Even with an ABV 6.2 one of my favorite session IPAs because itís somewhat easy drinking in my opinion.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rondphoto (1935) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - JUL 5, 2014
bottle @ Johnís Grocery / Iowa City IA --- Clear amber brown, heavy tan head cover, a curtain of lace. Aroma is an appealing citrus and malt. Taste is full-bodied toffee malt that grows in the palate, finally allowing satisfying citrus hops to wash through on the swallow. But,...when the "smoke" clears, there is the malt, lingering nicely. Good stuff.