overall

RATINGS: 1282   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   IBU: 26   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Moose Drool is our Brown Ale. Far and away the best selling beer brewed in Montana, Moose Drool is chocolate brown in color with a creamy texture. Our brown ale is a malty beer with just enough hop presence to keep it from being too sweet. The aroma also mostly comes from the malt with a hint of spiciness being added by the hops. Moose Drool is brewed with pale, caramel, chocolate, and whole black malts; and Kent Goldings, Liberty, and Willamette hops. It has an original gravity of 13 degrees Plato, and is 4.2% alcohol by weight, 5.3% by volume.
Note: ABV went down to 5.1%.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jaysoneslick (24) - Montana, USA - MAY 2, 2004
yummy yummy goodness beer from my state. nice and dark and sh*t

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kickrjason (24) - - JUN 24, 2012
Good solid "go to" brown ale. I use this in a lot of cooking. From BBQ to chili it's a great beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kpbutsko (23) - - OCT 25, 2013
Can't get much crisper of a taste & more of a sweet & hardy malt flavor than this beer. Quite possibly one of the best (at least one of my favorite) brown ales. Might not be my favorite style if beer, but definitely one of the best in the category. Definite tastes of caramel, browned crystal malts & dates. Fairly smooth with a well blended alcohol, even thorough it's not a ton, being 5.1%. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ThirstyDave (23) - Thompsons Station, Tennessee, USA - AUG 10, 2005
I really enjoyed this beer when I went to Yellowstone. A word of caution- elevation does make a difference.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gdoak (23) - Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2005
I don’t care that some people badmouth brown ales, but I love them. This is definitely my favorite, and it comes from my native state of Montana. It’s dark with a tan head, and it has a chocolatey/coffeeish flavor to it. They sell it up in Janesville, Wisconsin, for anyone in Chicagoland who’s wanting to try it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
smprochak (23) - Washington, USA - MAR 28, 2009
By far, this is my favorite brown ale. It’s a great beer for camping or a night out with friends. I love the appearance and deliciousness of it!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dts2599 (21) - USA - AUG 29, 2002
Bit of a roasted flavor. Not too many hops. Good brown color, no red like some other brown ales. THis is a darker brown ale, similar to a porter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
FatherMoss (21) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - NOV 26, 2003
In bottle and chilled glass. A very dark brown ale, almost no head, decent aroma. Tastes sweet and hoppy. A worthy beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
houseofwares (21) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 12, 2007
Bottle. Pours deep brown with a red hue when held up to light. The nose is appealing with walnut, milk chocolate, and barnyard malt. The body is semi-creamy. The flavor starts sweet with a chocolate malt rush followed by a touch of brown sugar and etherial hops. The finsh lingers and ends up bitter. A well made brown ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
bumlogik99 (19) - Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA - FEB 19, 2002
I liked it - Coming from Louisiana, I asked for a Local Ale, and here’s what I got! Its big.