overall
Brewed by Big Surf Beer Company
Style: Pale Lager
Kelowna, Canada

RATINGS: 20   MEAN: 2.46/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.54   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
When something looks this good, you can bet it’s going to be smooth. Laid Back Lager by Big Surf Beer is a fresh, blonde lager that is your perfect beer for any occasion. Sure we look good, but don’t think for a second that we only care about looks. Crisp, clean, and refreshing, Laid Back Lager by Big Surf Beer is the right choice for the cooler when you are playing ball with the team, grilling in the backyard with friends and family, or sitting on the patio after a day on the water. We’ve got the looks, the flavour, and obviously we have the personality. So stop picking the same old beer… catch the wave with Big Surf.

BurnabyShore (1) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 2, 2013 does not count
Easily the best beer I’ve ever had. If I could give it an 11/10, I would. You can never go wrong with a BIG SURF.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
revnorm (3) - - MAY 23, 2012 does not count
Really good for what it is. One of the best session beers I’ve come across in a while.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
christoph186 (13) - - OCT 24, 2013
Big Surf won't knock you off your beach chair. However, this truly is the everyday drinking lager. If you drink bud, Kokanee, Pabst, etc, than you should switch to Big Surf. My go to beer if I'm going out with the guys. Easy to drink, awesome packaging.. Good choice!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Powertrip (999) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 11, 2012
6-pack purchased from a BC Liquor Store in Invermere, BC on 08/11/2012. Colour: medium yellow with medium white head. Nose: very basic light malt and soft barley with a touch of icing sugar. Taste: Light sweet, medium-light bitter, light sour. The slightly elevated bitterness saves this one from being nothing but a guzzling lager, and in turn makes it pleasantly drinkable. Basic flavour profile of a standard western Canadian lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Lagerboy (1185) - British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 4, 2012
Light honey lager yellow, thin white head. Sweet grainy aroma. Honey sweet malt taste. Silky, oily, low hopped, average carbs. Clean sweet finish. Tastes better when drank ice cold from the can. A step up from most mass produced industrial swill. LF (Lagerboy Friendly)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
gramity (1307) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 20, 2012
I have to give it up for this beer. They are not trying to be more than they really are. This beer has a nice refreshing, albeit simple, aroma that reminds me of the smell of "beer" before I crashed into the world of beer geekery. The taste is simple but it delivers on the crisp, clean, and refreshing promises made by the can. There is nothing beyond a lager going on here but it isn’t too sweet or sticky. At $6.50 for a six pack this beer is officially my go to "cheap" beer and I would easily choose it over BMC, Canadian, etc. It won’t blow your mind - but I’d recommend trying it. Fun can too.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
reebtogi (4088) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 26, 2012
355ml can porus a pale golden color with a small white head and no lacing. Aroma is light grains and hops. Taste is moderate malty sweet and light hop bitterness. Just an average lager and nothing special.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
pintbypint (2550) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 29, 2012
From 64oz growler. Gold pour, thin white cap that fades completely. Nose is grainy. Taste is sweet at first, gets grainy, very light hop finish. Lightish body with lots of carbonation. Decent pale lager, nothing fancy, goes down easy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
fiulijn (14340) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 8, 2014
Draught at Pumphouse, Richmond, BC
Pale blond color with creamy head. Simple aroma, some paper, a bit stale. Smooth mouthfeel, light flavor combination, and low bitterness; some paper, light acidity. Light fruity esters.
Mild beer for non beer lovers. Not offensive.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BrewGoblin (260) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - MAY 30, 2014
Move over so-so Canadian lagers, you have a new challenger! I would definitely choose this over other lagers. It doesn’t feel nearly as corny, metallic or dirty. Hard to describe, like it won’t give you that "I am drinking this SHIT just to hang out with my buddies I haven’t seen for years so I’ll choke it down not to look like a pussy/whiner" feeling. You can crank a tonne of this pale, mildly tropical fruit, light roasted malt wonder into you and still hang with the crowd.