overall
Brewed by Heineken Italia
Style: Pale Lager
Milano, Italy

RATINGS: 1522   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Birra Moretti is a genuine beer produced using a traditional process that has remained almost unchanged since 1859. To produce Birra Moretti, only the highest quality raw materials are used and a particular mixture of valuable hops, that gives the beer its aroma and unique fragrance, intensifying the slight bitter flavour. It is a low fermented beer that has a golden colour, the tone of which is given by the quality of malt used. The alcoholic content is 4,6% volume that make it suitable to drink at any time of the day. In fact it is a perfect accompaniment to both dinner and lunch or to drink in the evening with friends.
11.3°

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - DEC 24, 2003
really average and unexicting, but clean and fresh tasting. mild and not too hoppy; better than an american macro.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2003
Bottled. Thin head that dissipated rapidly, dry taste, somewhat malty. This was average in all respects.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hotstuff (4303) - Indiana, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Bottle at the Italian Courtyard restaurant in Cocoa Beach. This beer had an average sized creamy and smooth white head with fine-small sized bubbles that were mostly lasting. The body was carbonated and transparent with a gold hue. The nose was lightly malty with a malty flavor. The palate was smooth and this was a light bodied beer with good lacing on the sides of my glass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - DEC 20, 2003
I found this to be a rather pleasent change from some of the stouts I've been sampling lately. It almost reminded me of champaign. It poured nice and light. Very pale; it reminded me of a US macro, only it was very lively looking. Nice head that lasted better than I thought it would last. The smell was nice and light. Everything about the beer was very inviting. The taste was very crisp and clean. I craved a nice, thick Italian meal that needed washing down. Granted, I often crave Italian food, but I digress... This beer has a lot of carbonation. My tongue seemed to foam. Man this could cleanse the pallet. Drinkability? Sure. It would be easy to have several of these over a nice slab of lasagna. However, I think for that I would rather have a nice red wine. Kinda weird; I keep thinking how nice this would be with food and the more I think about the food the more I realize I wouldn't choose to drink this with that food. Overall, it's a nice pilsner, the best I've had in a while. It's far better than any macro.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
thedm (4973) - Fort Wayne, USA - DEC 17, 2003
TheDM and Hotstuff vacation brew 58. This bottle was sampled with our pizza dinner at a most excellent restaurant called the Italian Courtyard in Cocoa Beach Florida. It poured a foamy medium sized head of finely sized white colored long lasting bubbles that left behind a transparent carbonated light yellow orange colored body and a good lace. The aroma was a simple mild malt one and the mouthfeel was smooth and slightly tingly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2003
I drank many of these in Rome, Florence, Capri, Venice... all over Italy. I had to drink something since most of the Italians tried to push that skunk piss Heineken on me. I know that this is made by the green machine, but they haven't found a way to totally screw it up yet. I enjoyed this pilsener for what it was. A light, carbonated, flavorful and enjoyable beer. Every time I taste one, I think of Italia. Vorrei cinque per favore!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
kwoeltje (2233) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - DEC 13, 2003
Pale gold with white head. Little aroma. Light on hops. Overall a so-so Pilsener.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
evinal (48) - Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 11, 2003
It was either this or bud, i was in an italian restaurant, so it made sense. Light in aroma, dry, light body, well cartbonated. better than bud.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bob32256 (171) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - DEC 10, 2003
very faint aroma; washed-out yellow color; watery feel and taste - not offensive, just much to watery for my taste

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ZepolK (102) - South Side Montebello, California, USA - NOV 22, 2003
Grassy skunky aroma that pours clear with a lot of carbonation and a medium white head. Doughy and malty and rather mild all around, not very impressed by this one.