overall
Brewed by Heineken Italia
Style: Pale Lager
Milano, Italy

RATINGS: 1587   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.25   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Birra Moretti is a genuine beer produced using a traditional process that has remained almost unchanged since 1859. To produce Birra Moretti, only the highest quality raw materials are used and a particular mixture of valuable hops, that gives the beer its aroma and unique fragrance, intensifying the slight bitter flavour. It is a low fermented beer that has a golden colour, the tone of which is given by the quality of malt used. The alcoholic content is 4,6% volume that make it suitable to drink at any time of the day. In fact it is a perfect accompaniment to both dinner and lunch or to drink in the evening with friends.
11.3°

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JAN 28, 2004
VERY bland lager, even compared to the macrobreweries here in the us. Low carbonation. I really have nothing to say about this.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crockett (1032) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 22, 2004
Straw yellow. I've had his beer a few times, purveyors of it seem to get really excited about selling it. Pretty bland. Lots of grass. Extremely pale. Not enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
scott500 (7) - sydney, AUSTRALIA - JAN 16, 2004 does not count
anthing that is imported into australia seems to taste better than the beers that are made here.I'm talking about the mass produced ones not the special ones like coopers or james squier. This ones not to bad for taste. It does have a weak grassy flavour, but apart from that it goes down nicely. especially when its 35 degrees.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
desurfer (1252) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JAN 10, 2004
Straw gold body, light lacy head. No real aroma, weak grassy flavor. Quaffable for sure, but really boring.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ClarkVV (4223) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 4, 2004
I will admit it is unexciting. But when I poured the nice light banana yellow, with plenty of foam and a nice mild hops and tart pear/apple aroma, I was expecting another crappy non-beer-liking-European-country-lager flavor. This was not. It was slightly sweet, a touch buttery, fluffy and had ample tartness on the finish. No hint of sourness, skunkiness or staleness. Just a very light quaffable pils. I'll drink it again for sure.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - DEC 24, 2003
really average and unexicting, but clean and fresh tasting. mild and not too hoppy; better than an american macro.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2003
Bottled. Thin head that dissipated rapidly, dry taste, somewhat malty. This was average in all respects.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
hotstuff (4403) - Indiana, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Bottle at the Italian Courtyard restaurant in Cocoa Beach. This beer had an average sized creamy and smooth white head with fine-small sized bubbles that were mostly lasting. The body was carbonated and transparent with a gold hue. The nose was lightly malty with a malty flavor. The palate was smooth and this was a light bodied beer with good lacing on the sides of my glass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - DEC 20, 2003
I found this to be a rather pleasent change from some of the stouts I've been sampling lately. It almost reminded me of champaign. It poured nice and light. Very pale; it reminded me of a US macro, only it was very lively looking. Nice head that lasted better than I thought it would last. The smell was nice and light. Everything about the beer was very inviting. The taste was very crisp and clean. I craved a nice, thick Italian meal that needed washing down. Granted, I often crave Italian food, but I digress... This beer has a lot of carbonation. My tongue seemed to foam. Man this could cleanse the pallet. Drinkability? Sure. It would be easy to have several of these over a nice slab of lasagna. However, I think for that I would rather have a nice red wine. Kinda weird; I keep thinking how nice this would be with food and the more I think about the food the more I realize I wouldn't choose to drink this with that food. Overall, it's a nice pilsner, the best I've had in a while. It's far better than any macro.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
thedm (5141) - Fort Wayne, USA - DEC 17, 2003
TheDM and Hotstuff vacation brew 58. This bottle was sampled with our pizza dinner at a most excellent restaurant called the Italian Courtyard in Cocoa Beach Florida. It poured a foamy medium sized head of finely sized white colored long lasting bubbles that left behind a transparent carbonated light yellow orange colored body and a good lace. The aroma was a simple mild malt one and the mouthfeel was smooth and slightly tingly.