overall
Brewed by Heineken Italia
Style: Pale Lager
Milano, Italy

RATINGS: 1522   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Birra Moretti is a genuine beer produced using a traditional process that has remained almost unchanged since 1859. To produce Birra Moretti, only the highest quality raw materials are used and a particular mixture of valuable hops, that gives the beer its aroma and unique fragrance, intensifying the slight bitter flavour. It is a low fermented beer that has a golden colour, the tone of which is given by the quality of malt used. The alcoholic content is 4,6% volume that make it suitable to drink at any time of the day. In fact it is a perfect accompaniment to both dinner and lunch or to drink in the evening with friends.
11.3°

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
heykevin (1277) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - JUN 17, 2002
Maltier and hoppier than I excpected, that said I did not call my mother immediately after drinking this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
BruceLeroy (111) - North Dakota, USA - JUN 10, 2002
I wasn’t expecting much from this one...however I found it to be a very smooth easy drinking Italian brew. A little weak, but a good flavor. I would buy this again if it was more reasonably priced. Weak, but good for a pilsner since pilsners generally are weak. Has a good cereal grain texture/taste to it. This is definately my favorite pilsner. Very refreshing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
OlJuntan64 (1265) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JUN 1, 2002
Pours a pale yellow colour with a large shortish lasting head. Sharp sappy-hoppy and faint soapy aromas. Lots of medium sized bubbles but relatively flat on the tongue with not much there stimulating the mouth. A mild, bitter, faintly sweet flavour and soft bitter finish. (Rated 24/5/02; Dolomite Alps; Italia)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 28, 2002
I see Moretti seems to score slightly higher than the Peroni, though back-to-back, I cannot taste any difference between the two at all. No difference!!!................But since Moretti produces the La Rossa, which is adequate, I have to give Moretti some credit. Fizzy, yellow. No different than Bud and I don’t understand why some rate this higher just because it’s from outside the USA. That, IMHO, doesn’t make it better, just cooler.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 18, 2002
Subtle fruity aroma, weak watery palate, and lightly carbonated. Light gold color, and a head that dissapeared quickly. This brew is not nearly as good as La Rossa, but drinkable nontheless.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - MAY 15, 2002
As usual, pilseners seem to get lower ratings, but my dad raised me with an appreciation of a good pilsener, and I have always liked this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 14, 2002
Easy drinking pilsener, but I didn’t like the carbonation so much. Not a very bold taste in any respect, but a nice, smooth beer to accompany a meal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
theFinatUofI (45) - Colorado, USA - MAY 10, 2002
A little watery pilsener. I found it quite refreshing on a warm spring day in Rome. Flavor is quite bland and palate is very simple. Not bad, not good, very drinkable

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Radek Kliber (6543) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - MAY 9, 2002
One of the weaker pilseners . I can see the effects off Heineken in it . Similar but less sharp . Look’s like normal pils but so what , did not refreshed me at all . I had to have one Tatran to fix my aftertaste :) ...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
greystreet80 (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 7, 2002
I don’t expect much from Heineken, but I was a little dissapointed in the Italian Beer. It is drinkable, however overpriced.