overall
Brewed by Birrificio del Ducato
Style: Sour/Wild Ale
Roncole Verdi di Busseto (PR), Italy
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 96   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 282   ABV: 9.4%
A special one time creation that truly lives up to its name. The base is a Stout brewed with hot chili peppers that has been aged for almost 2 yeasr with blueberries & pediococcus. It is opaque black in color in with just a touch of carbonation. Quite acidic & tart along with very intense flavors and aromas. This nightmare is sure to leave a lasting memory.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
ajnepple (1995) - Clear Creek, Colorado, USA - APR 6, 2014
Small bottle shared, only had a few sips. Black appearance with minimal head. Vinegar and soy sauce. Tart and acidic. Pretty fucken gross. Lowest rating I have ever given.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
AHSlowhand (40) - - MAR 29, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2014 First Drainpour for me. Couldnt get the third sip down. literally made me gag.smell is very much acetone. some blueberry comes through, but very little chile. truly was a blueberry nightmare.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Steve_0 (2537) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 29, 2014
UPDATED: JUN 14, 2014 Bottle at home with friends. Pour is dark brown with a small tan head that quickly dissipated. Huge balsamic salad dressing, acetic, metallic, shitty vinegar aroma. Taste is like drinking pure balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, nasty acid that burns your throat like sulfur. Wow this shit is offensive and I canít believe anyone has rated this over 1.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Experiment_Ale (913) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 29, 2014
UPDATED: APR 13, 2014 At Stephens House with Stephen, Aaron, and Dave. Pours shit colored toilet water. Aroma is ammonium, soy sauce, oil, burnt paper bag...with shit in it, figs picked out of horse shit, raison turds, tree bark that was used as toilet paper, and other shit notes that I am having trouble putting words to. Taste is vomit, I am 100% serious when I say I gagged from this beer. Fuck you, I will never drink another beer from this brewery. Fuck you. 0.0 Second rating: (actually occurred before the first, was in backlog). At Marcusí place in December 2013 for a weekday tick-a-thon. Pour is black wine. Aroma is dark perfume, musky, fake blueberry, Taste is horrible mold, musky, lake water. Probably the worst beer I have ever had. I would rather drink my worst homebrew gone wrong with 3 years of disgusting age on it than this shit. 0.0

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
TwoSipDip (8948) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAR 29, 2014
Bottle @ Steve_0, thanks to Steve_0. Black appearance with no head. Soy sauce, whiskey, chocolate, garbage aroma. Really fucken nasty flavor. Worcestershire sauce, meat dripping, boozy, balsamic flavor. Fuck you.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
hopdog (8796) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 28, 2014
Bottle. Batch 2 322/4000... yep, I agree with the description - ícreation that truly lives up to its nameí ... this one was a true nightmare. What a mess. Plastic beach balls, nasty tastes that made me cough and choke with every sip. Straight to the drain ...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
rbrazell (1586) - Charleston, South Carolina, USA - MAR 21, 2014
Bottle shared at Proof. Soy sauce pour., totally still. Dark fruit, blueberry, oak, sourness, ethanol, Francis and md 20/20. Just woof, pure lactic sourness, acetone, it's like my girlfriend is removing nail polish right next to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aarond (150) - Wilmington, North Carolina, USA - MAR 19, 2014
Bottle. Aroma has hints of acetone. Also some blueberries, whiskey, and sour funk. Appearance is very dark brown with no head. Taste is interesting. Very sour blueberry, booze, chocolate, and whiskey. The hot peppers show up on the finish and hang around for a while. Slick mouthfeel. Overall I think itís quite interesting and fun to drink. However, Iím not surprised some people hate it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
dfinney23 (1582) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 18, 2014
This one is certainly... different. Aroma of blueberries and wood with a touch of vinegary burn. First swig is hugely sour. I donít notice any peppers but that may be because my taste buds have been fused. I like it more for its obnoxiousness than its drinkability, which is certainly limited.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
OldGrowth (2612) - North Carolina, USA - MAR 2, 2014
Bottle, from Bottle Revolution, I think, um.... Well now, this is all over the place. I get sweet, hot, tart aromas. Blueberry,pepper, barrel , funk. Dark orangey brown color, no head or lace. Sour flavor, medium body, smooth mouthfeel, sour finish. Um, guess it depends on your point of view, I donít like the mix, but point for originality ultimately the ingredients donít blend for me, blueberry, pepper and barrel just donít mix