overall
Brewed by Bitburger Brauerei Th. Simon
Style: Pilsener
Bitburg, Germany

RATINGS: 1719   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
The classic Bitburger - a mature and most agreeable beer - is brewed with the best of ingredients in the same traditional way it has been for many, many years. The result is delicately tart and pleasantly bitter - with a strong hop taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
JoeM500 (1905) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - MAR 2, 2002
I’m very partial to Bitburger for the simple fact that I lived next to the brewery for several years(Bitburg Air Base). I’d love to see it here in those little ’stube’ bottles!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - MAR 1, 2002
A pretty good German pilsner. I wasn’t blown away by any means. I actually liked Spaten Pils better. (It’s a bit more malty and full bodied than Bitburger.) Everyone here (in SLC) was raving about this stuff because the Germans brought it kegs of it. I wish I could have had it on draft...but alas...all I got was a bottle that supposedly came from Germany. It was good....just not great.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 19/20
Puffnase99 (3) - GERMANY - FEB 27, 2002 does not count
Nettes Bierchen für zwischendurch.....oder auch mehr

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sigmund (5181) - Tau, NORWAY - FEB 27, 2002
One of the better German Pilseners.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ron (2598) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 26, 2002
Crisp taste with a good nose. Bitter aftertaste, but I still liked it.

joenew99 (2) - USA - FEB 23, 2002 does not count
Best German beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ernest (6264) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 30, 2007 Can (production date: "2007 4 7", so probably the freshest I have yet had it). Head is initially average sized, frothy, white, mostly diminishing. Body is clear light to medium yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (toasted grain), lightly to moderately hoppy (herbs, flowers), with a light note of DMS, hint of honey. Flavor is lightly to moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately bitter. Light to medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation. I’ve been drinking this (and more often, Drive) for years now, and I have to say I think quality is declining slightly. DMS is starting to become noticeable, and the overall effect is less crisp, clean, and bright. It was only a matter of time, I guess.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
spohl199 (6) - USA - FEB 21, 2002 does not count
Lecker, lecker, lecker! Ein feines Aroma...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Good beer, bitter though. There are better beers, but I like this one anyway.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Falls on its face when compared to Alpirsbacher and other premium german pils beers. Do not rate this if it came from the Barrel Can, that shit is even worse than normal! Harsh aftertaste, way too bitter for my liking. Don’t drink this on an empty stomach or your separater may malfunction.