overall
Brewed by Bitburger Brauerei Th. Simon
Style: Pilsener
Bitburg, Germany

RATINGS: 1703   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
The classic Bitburger - a mature and most agreeable beer - is brewed with the best of ingredients in the same traditional way it has been for many, many years. The result is delicately tart and pleasantly bitter - with a strong hop taste.

joenew99 (2) - USA - FEB 23, 2002 does not count
Best German beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking.

tba (1) - LAW COURTS VIC, AUSTRALIA - OCT 14, 2005 does not count
Aroma: floral Appearance: pale Palate: sparkling, light body, thin feel, lively carbonation, bitter finish.

ausleerenstein (8) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 4, 2010 does not count
bought this at arnold afb’s px in a pony keg. its a keg of german beer what do you think its gonna be like, i better finish this thing before it goes flat.

JohnKonz (3) - Rhineland-Palatinate, GERMANY - AUG 13, 2010 does not count
What a true German pils should taste like. Avoid import bottles. Drink only tap or stubbi.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - OCT 18, 2001
I would simply sum this beer up as being the best beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. A fantastic beer from a fantastic place. A shame more outlets here in the UK don’t stock it. Fortunately I friends in Germany who supply me with mass quantities for my personal consumption. Smooth and herbal with a sublime after taste, trouble is you just want more and more... Tastes even better on tap.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
pkbites (681) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 27, 2004
My sample said "Premium Beer", not Premium Pils. I'm not sure if they're the same. I paid $2.88 for a 4 pack of 16 ounce cans at Discount Liquors in Milwaukee, WI. 04/25/04. Hearty aroma. Medium yellow color. Average head. EXCELLENT, SIMPLY EXCELLENT bitter flavor and after-taste. It's not TOO bitter, mind you. But it's also not wimpy and light like most American brews. Very good character. I really, really like this beer. You can chug it. You can sip it. It goes well with food. An all around great beer. Strong presences of hops. This is my current favorite, and may end up my favorite of all time!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopshead (24) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - MAR 1, 2003
This beer just does it all for me. Have tried numerable german pilsners but this one just hits my palate perfect. Rich and hoppy, too easy to drink. Have not had the pleasure of tasting it on tap, but it is awsome from the bottle. It roicks from the mini-keg as well.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
heppenheimer (8) - - MAR 26, 2014 does not count
My favorite Pilsner when on tap. The bottled version is not nearly as good. Dry, crisp, subtle hop bitterness. Light body. Small bubbles with a big, creamy head.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
RobBestwick (586) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 15, 2002
If I go to heaven I will be drinking this stuff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mlathom (1) - USA - FEB 21, 2005 does not count
This is what a true, classic pilsner should taste like..Slightly bitter, clean, and refreshing. A wonderfully pale, flowery aroma. a clear, pale yet bright color. Flavor starts off strong yet not overpowering, finishes off cleanly.