BJís Half-Wit
     click to upload

Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.57/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.63   SEASONAL: Winter   ABV: -
Special/seasonal at the Boulder, CO location.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 22, 2005
Is this beer, or is this suntan lotion? I thought I was crazy until I verified this with several others around me- this beer tastes like suntan lotion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - SEP 4, 2003
Standard wit, nothing special. I got an excessive amount of ginger in the aroma, alon gwith the usual clove and banana. Taste was very spicy, more ginger and banana. Acidic finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ernest (6031) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Draught. Body is cloudy light yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (cookie, toasted grain), with a strong note of banana, note of clove, hint of orange. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly acidic. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly acidic, lightly bitter. Medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation. To me, it seems the basic BJs Hefeweizen recipe was used as the base, and a small amount of orange essence added. The banana aroma dominates, but overall it's pleasant. Too sweet, though.