Black Label 11-11 Malt Liquor

overall

RATINGS: 27   MEAN: 1.16/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.48   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
pepsican (1452) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - DEC 8, 2012
Boom! Big ass 40 of this bull shit. I must say, 5-6% malt liquors arenít my favorite and this is no exception. Brown paper bag in appearance as suggested. Corny, sweet, almost cloying. Not really my thing, seemed stale as well. Thatís what I get for trading with BA guys I guess (just kidding ralph)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
puboflyons (2233) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 24, 2011
From the 40 oz bottle. Nice crack on the twist cap. Oh come on RB reviewers, it is not THAT bad. It pours pale yellow with fizzy carbonation. The aroma is decently malted but not corny or grainy like so many of its counterparts. The body is thin. The taste does have a corn and rice note to it but it is also lightly hopped to end crisp and clean. It was not great but it was not horrible at all.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jmissirlis (6) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 17, 2011 does not count
The Lindsay Lohan of beers: Really nice can but when you open the mouth out pours filth and bile. Strongest metallic taste Iíve ever experienced in a liquid. Color is better than most crap beers but thatís where my complements end. Smells bad, head lasts about 1.2 seconds, churns in your belly like lukewarm moonshine. Maybe I got a bad batch but I wonít be venturing into this wasteland again to find out. Go elsewhere for your American swill my friends.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Odeed (1787) - Bakersfield, California, USA - APR 15, 2010
Pretty easy sippin malt liquor.Reminds me of King Cobra.Nothing special but nothing offensive about it either.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
satan165 (1020) - River Grove, Illinois, USA - NOV 28, 2009
light corn aroma, appearance is standard urine. flavor is low on ícorn-sludgeí quotient and somewhat crisp and drinkable. no outright noticeable QC/infection problems besides heavy handed use of adjuncts.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
wheelz843 (233) - Grand Island, New York, USA - OCT 1, 2008
can. i loved the plain cardboard case it came in. its cheap and will get you drunk, which is about the only thing its good for.

adwright2002 (25) - loganville, Georgia, USA - JAN 5, 2008
i love black label i get 24 for 11.99 at my local package store of choice good price for a good beer in fact it taste better than miller,bud,and coors

HipsterDoofus (8) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 1, 2007 does not count
Oh, gawd. Ugh. Ick. Worse than death. I gave this a shot, thinking, for some reason, that it might be an ok but not great low budget brew. Little did I know who actually makes it. It doesnít even say on the outside of the 12-pack box. It only says on the cans themselves. Anyway... DId I say "oh, gawd" already? This crap really actually honestly is the worst "beer" Iíve ever tried. It is terrible in every way that you can imagine beer being terrible, and a few more you canít. I would rather drink Steel Reserve or Olde English or Evil Eye, etc... They all taste only slightly better, but at least they wait until the next morning to give you a hangover. Honestly this swill is TOXIC. Yes ok, technically, ethanol is poisonous. But if you disregard ethanol and just consider the rest of what is in this... concoction, seriously it is POISONOUS. If you want a very decent and non-poisonous beer thatís easy on your budget, try Huber Bock. You will not find another beer that tastes even half as good, and is not filled with aldehydes, for the same price as Huber Bock. Trust me, it is the ultimate budget beer. (P.S. - I took a chance on this Black Label crap because the store did not carry my beloved Huber. I wish I could have this day back. I would gladly just skip the beer entirely.)

rcasta (839) - EL SALVADOR - OCT 7, 2007
black label is a canadian style beer, made in USA! how crappy can this be? why would you drink canadian beer, or beer made in the US for that matter.

jbuzz (754) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 6, 2007
This just may be the worst beer ever made. Awful smell, yes SMELL. Instant migraine from the first sip.