overall

RATINGS: 228   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.76   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.89%
Blatz beer is everything Val Blatz himself was - bold, determined, innovative, and new to the country. Blatz still retains its heritage of fine American beer made with German craftsmanship. Brewed with the finest six row barley our country can grow, Blatz marries old world Gumeiklekeit with new world creativity. Next time the barkeep asks what brand you want, ask for Milwaukee’s Finest Beer - Blatz!

lil-dabz99's rating

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
lil-dabz99 (54) - Lake Linden, Michigan, USA - MAR 17, 2001
I drank two of ’em and got the Blatz splatz. I thought I was going to run out of toilet paper. That should say it all!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
574deadzone (1027) - North Central, Indiana, USA - JUL 29, 2014
Saved up a good one for #1000. Do you have any idea what it took to hunt this down? Had to import it...from Fort Wayne. Pours a clear straw gold with a thick eggshell head that settles slowly and barely laces. Nose involves some faint corn and noble hop spice along with some dusty sourdough. Somewhat sweet, just a bit bitter. Light bodied, oily, somewhat syrupy, softer action, with a tacky corny finish. You know what, fuck it, this isn’t a bad beer. OK, maybe it is a bad beer, but it’s not <that> bad. Quenches a thirst, provides an example of an old-time beer, and gives you the opportunity to commune with your dead grandfather without drinking Hamm’s, although I may have to try Hamm’s. World class shitty beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TXBadger (1345) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 27, 2014
Drank a lot of this in college too. Not much here other than old grain and old hops. Somewhat dirty, but cheap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DW78715816 (58) - Kansas, USA - APR 19, 2014
It's exactly what I expect. Flavor is mostly sweet corn. For the price it is what it is supposed to be. If you get this expecting some great beer...come on its a cheap beer and it tastes like a good ole cheap beer to drink while fishing or camping. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
BrewHaMeister (163) - - FEB 15, 2014
12oz can pours. It does have an odor. It tastes much better than one would expect. Until tomorrow ;-)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Christpuncher (1113) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 1, 2014
Just an awful beer all around. Finest barley my ass. This is skunky flavored and gives me the worst gas. Had at the best kitchen. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BrownALEx (265) - Portland, Michigan, USA - JAN 5, 2014
Can at Oakwood Lounge in Pewamo, MI. It has been too long since I’ve had you. The next time will not be as long. You always remember your first love. I feel like I’ve turned my back on you. I hope you don’t feel this way. I love you.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
phaleslu (6397) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 13, 2013
12 oz. can shared by Steve. I expected an old fashioned Wisconsin grandpa beer and that’s what this is. Grainy, fizzy, malty, a little skunky and harsh. Light-bodied with medium-plus carbonation. Just not good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
shrubber85 (7555) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - OCT 25, 2013
Can (trade with Patrickctenchi for an Against the Grain Bo & Luke). Corn syrup and sour barley malt aroma. Golden yellow with giant, fluffy head. Sweet corn syrup, hay, and barley malt flavor. Okay for a pale lager - just a bit too sweet.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3300) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - SEP 18, 2013
12oz bottle-Pours a pale yellow with a small white head. Aroma of corn. Taste of the same with a small amount of hops. This light bodied brew is another pale lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Patrickctenchi (3578) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - SEP 14, 2013
Clear, light gold with a giant, white cloud of a head. Light, sweet corn malt aroma. Typical, old school American blue-collar beer taste. Dad used to drink this....40 odd years ago...This and Stroh’s were my first stolen sips as a young lad....When I saw it, I HAD to get it....and I’m glad I did. Absolutely nothing wrong with it for what it is. Definitely worth $3.99 a sixer.