Bloomsbury
     click to upload

Formerly brewed at John Smiths (Heineken UK)
Style: Bitter
Tadcaster, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Cask. 2004.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
TheBeerGod (5165) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - OCT 2, 2004
Cask at Jamaica Ale House in London. Copper body with a small white head. Aroma is light hops, sweetened malts with brown sugar and/or caramel notes. Taste is mild bitter hops, faint caramel and a light malt backbone. Mouthfeel is moderate but leaning towards watery in parts. Finish is mild hops with faint caramel. Not too bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
chriso (7347) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 11, 2004
Having carefully examined the pump clip and found no origin information whatsoever, and got uncomprehending looks from the bar staff, I had resigned myself to not getting a rate out of this one. However, I see that Duff has managed to track it down - well done. It was a pretty nondescript bitter - mid brown, fruity and not very bitter - but I didn’t find it as bad as Duff. I still suspect a Courage Best rebadge, but if Duff’s going to rate it, so am I! Cask (handpump) at the Jamaica Ale House, City of London.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUN 28, 2004
Cask@The Britannia, Richmond. This is a nasty little concoction from our friends at Scottish and Newcastle. Not much different to Courage Best. Stale, figgy fruit, very thin and grainy, flat and dull. Avoid.