Blue Corn (Santa Fe) Plaza Porter

Blue Corn (Santa Fe) Plaza Porter
     click to upload

RATINGS: 8   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrnkMcDermott (2782) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 30, 2008
Found my tasting notes from our Sept. 2000 Rt. 66 trip, at the suburban location. This is before I discovered beer rating sites, but I still wanted to note some impressions. My little scribbled notes say its impression was "not chocolate, like they say (in the description), but a strong coffee finish." Not the more detailed stuff I wrote once I discovered RateBeer, but I wanted to give props for a place that I thought had good beer AND good food.
My rating will just be the 3.3 average score currently standing, and this is a placeholder for what I hope will be a return trip to the Land of Enchantment.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
RblWthACoz (964) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - SEP 14, 2007
From notes after visiting the brewpub 12/2006. Pours an opaque black. Nose is slightly smoky with a roasted quality about it. Goes down smooth with subtle, but strong coffee and roasted qualities. Thick malt flavors. I also get what I think is a blue cheese flavor in a way. Odd, yeah? Feel is superb IMO. Excellent level of carbonation combined with the ingredients. I am hoping I didn’t just catch this on a good day and that it is like this all of the time. A great porter and one I would continually go back to if I were to frequent this spot

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 2, 2006
Rich roasty aroma with chocolate and cocoa notes. dark brown with a firm mocha tinted head. Thinnish chocolate fore. Feels creamy tastes a bit thin. finishes soft and quick with no real flavor range.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - MAY 22, 2005
On tap at brewpub, notes taken on napkin during trip to NM. Dark black. Little beige head with some lace. Aroma is coffee. Creamy and thin. Flavor is coffee and dark chocolate. Slight bitter finish. Drinkable but a little thin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 27, 2005
Attractive dark brown body with a bronze tone and a soft tan head. Pronounced aroma and flavor of coffee and dark chocolate. Nice balance between dark malt and roast. May be too roasty stylewise but that doesn’t concern me much. Also has some subtle fruity plum character. An enjoyable beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - JUL 9, 2004
Dark opaque appearance, decent head formation. Coffee roast malt aroma. Full bodied flavor, plenty of chocolate, strong coffee roast, finishes dry and roasty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Braudog (5597) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - MAY 7, 2004
Pitch black with mere remnants of a tan head. Syrupy and bitter. Smoky. Ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Terminus (3229) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - MAR 3, 2004
tap at brewery definately the most disapointing brew of the bunch. very thin and to carbonated. left a very stong bite in the finish. aroma was good,but that was it.