overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 262   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Inspired by our brewmaster’s travels through Mexico, our limited summer release is crafted with agave nectar for a subtle sweetness and a smooth, crisp finish.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
olsvammel (3549) - Örebro, SWEDEN - JUL 18, 2013
Bottle from a friend. Boozy smell. Stiflingly sweet taste, also artificial almost chemical taste. Harsh mouthfeel and hard to drink. No this wasn’t drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dprski33 (27) - California, USA - JUL 14, 2013
The sweetness of the aroma is very nice and appealing but the palate is a little harsh for what this beer is. There are a few blonde ales I like and this was is among them.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Connor66 (35) - - JUL 14, 2013
Enjoyable think one of there better ales. Very palatable although I would not go on a session with this beer

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
gilby (27) - Fort Riley, Kansas, USA - JUL 14, 2013
bittersweet flavor at the end, i cant tell what the hell this was made from. I dont know what agave is supposed to taste like , but it tastes like budweiser with something mixed in. ill drink it but I wasted my money

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
shigadeyo (3075) - Harrison, Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2013

7/05/2013: Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale... Hmmm, yeah, not another wacky Blue Moon attempt at a beer. Oh, but it is! Lucky me, guess I have to try it... Not surprisngly, this beer pours out in a pale golden stream and ends up only a notch or two about the typical fizzy yellow beer. There is quite a bit of sweetness in the finish that just doesn’t seem to fit well overall. I was thinking about having another to possibly improve my opinion of the beer, but opted for a glass of water instead. Pass!

12 fl. oz. bottle. Rating #169 for this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Westmeister (1828) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 8, 2013
It was on draft with only macros available. Gold pour. Aroma is sweet honey and wheat. Taste is more sweet honey with wheat and biscuits. Drank like a light lager with honey added. A downgrade from the original.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Sathorael (151) - Oceanside, California, USA - JUL 6, 2013
Pours a medium burnished gold with spotty lacing. That about all the good I can say. Agave nectar is an intensely rich, syrupy sweetener. This beer has little in common in flavor, appearance, and texture of agave nectar. Aromas are solvent ridden and almost burn the eyes.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cards04 (1844) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 6, 2013
Pretty terrible. Almost no fruitiness to speak of in terms of aroma or flavour. No thanks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
DandyLion (518) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 6, 2013
I don't know what agave tastes like. I imagine if I had it again I'd be like, that's like that beer I had that time. I liked this beer and the mouthfeel was full. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
CrimsonSamurai (8) - - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
Smooth alternative to the original blue moon. Pretty light flavor and after taste.