Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 268   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Inspired by our brewmaster’s travels through Mexico, our limited summer release is crafted with agave nectar for a subtle sweetness and a smooth, crisp finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
shigadeyo (3388) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2013

7/05/2013: Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale... Hmmm, yeah, not another wacky Blue Moon attempt at a beer. Oh, but it is! Lucky me, guess I have to try it... Not surprisngly, this beer pours out in a pale golden stream and ends up only a notch or two about the typical fizzy yellow beer. There is quite a bit of sweetness in the finish that just doesn’t seem to fit well overall. I was thinking about having another to possibly improve my opinion of the beer, but opted for a glass of water instead. Pass!

12 fl. oz. bottle. Rating #169 for this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Westmeister (2129) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 8, 2013
It was on draft with only macros available. Gold pour. Aroma is sweet honey and wheat. Taste is more sweet honey with wheat and biscuits. Drank like a light lager with honey added. A downgrade from the original.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Sathorael (154) - Oceanside, California, USA - JUL 6, 2013
Pours a medium burnished gold with spotty lacing. That about all the good I can say. Agave nectar is an intensely rich, syrupy sweetener. This beer has little in common in flavor, appearance, and texture of agave nectar. Aromas are solvent ridden and almost burn the eyes.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cards04 (2471) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - JUL 6, 2013
Pretty terrible. Almost no fruitiness to speak of in terms of aroma or flavour. No thanks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
DandyLion (518) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 6, 2013
I don't know what agave tastes like. I imagine if I had it again I'd be like, that's like that beer I had that time. I liked this beer and the mouthfeel was full. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
CrimsonSamurai (8) - - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
Smooth alternative to the original blue moon. Pretty light flavor and after taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
SDalkoholic (2274) - Linda Vista, California, USA - JUL 5, 2013
Bottle from Rite-Aid: Started off with a thick fluffy topping of foam head while a light copper colored liquid rested below. Aroma was plain and empty with no real noticeable scents other than sweet grain like malts. The drink is just as boring and bland as the aroma had suggested. Minimal sweetness and I am unable to pick up on any of the supposed agave nectar, although, there is a linger aftertaste of sugary sweet cereal and milk flavor. This would be an interesting recipe if this was brewed by a real microbrewery that actually cared about flavor.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
woodsboy (18) - Fairbanks, Alaska, USA - JUL 5, 2013
UUgh, Whats going on at Blue Moon...oh right, Miller Coors. This stuff is as tasteless as you would expect. I would not be able to tell you that it was anything other than a light, bland ale if I didnt know it was suppose to have Agave Nectar in it. Just like their horrifying Blackberry Wheat crud, they must just pour some syrup into their generic ale and, wa-la, its a new variety. Embarrasing and abysmal.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
greenish (1) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JUL 5, 2013 does not count
I don’t know why the ratings are so low. This is a really solid summer ale. It’s not terribly hoppy, but sometimes you actually want a sweeter beer on hot humid days. Floral and slightly citrusy, but not so much as the regular Blue Moon. Hits the sides of the tongue with quite a fanciful flavor of sugared thyme and very gentle hops. Brilliant, long aftertaste that clings to the rear palate, evolving from malt to a delightful floral sweetness. A perfect early afternoon beer, I’d sya.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
jbuzz (778) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 4, 2013
My pick for our July 4th picnic. Not one of blue moons better brews. Watery light wheat flavor. I’m not sure what the agave added to the mix but I didn’t anything impressive out of it.