overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 2873   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editor’s Note: Much of this beer’s production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jables (101) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAR 24, 2004
Pours a hazy orange with creamy white head. Smells okay with some fruity, spicy notes. The taste is sweet and mild but really lacks depth. Supposedly modeled after Hoegardenn but falls very flat. The mouthfeel is smooth but thin and its drinkability is hurt by the fact that it is uninteresting. note: A year and a half ago I would have said this is one of the best beers ever, but what did I know then, nothing. However this beer showed me then that there were more out there than AB, Miller, and Coors (I found out later that coors made this). So I think this is the one that helped me bridge the gap from nothing to something. Although I'll admit I wasn't old enough to be drinking it and shouldn't have known better. side note: I'm now a bartender and wonder what the fascination with the orange slice in this beer is. I know it makes it cool but...nevermind

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Uriel (146) - San Jose, California, USA - MAR 23, 2004
Very citrusy nose from the head, all the way down. The beer is appropriately cloudy and light colored. It's a lot sweeter than many beers - not a malty sweet, though. It tastes almost like a cross between a beer and an orangey cider. Being a big cider fan, I like this a lot, but as a beer, it is definitely a little off drom the norm. What wheaty malt taste there is hangs around on the tongue for several minutes after drinking. The hops don't seem to get more pronounced as you get to the warmer beer on the bottom of the glass or bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
balke13 (156) - MIssoula, Montana, USA - MAR 23, 2004
good looking cloudy pale orange color with small white head. sweet aroma candy and malt with some bananna and grape coming out. nice smooth wheaty body with definite bananna coming through...very decent for a macro.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hangover (1060) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - MAR 20, 2004
Nice orange colored pour. Fluffy white head which quickly recedes to a film. Active carbonation. Currently dealing with spring allergies, so no real aroma to me. Taste is rather citrusy (no twist)... orange predominantly, some spice, bananna hints, pleasant wheat on the palette. Crisp, smooth finish. Not too bad at all. This is pretty cheap over here in Atlanta... I can see myself going through a few of these these summer. Extra point or two for Coors actually making something good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SDbruboy (1864) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 19, 2004
Draft, with and without a twist of orange. Cloudy yellow color with a billowy white head that settles quickly. Slightly spicy, wheaty aroma. Mild citrus dominated flavor - very sweet and fruity with the addition of the orange twist. Light body and easy carbonation. Is this a macro??? Not too bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - MAR 18, 2004
Better than I expected. Moderately sweet with a bit of spicyness. I hate to say it, but putting an orange in it makes it a lot better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
deadguy (42) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 16, 2004
This beer fares poorly for a supposed belgian white. I cannot get past the sickly sweet taste, it literally makes my teeth hurt its so sweet. Light taste of citrus, quickly over powered by the sweetness. It looks far more complex than it is with a cloudy pale yellow. I suggest adding oranges or other citrus fruit to add more flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Suttree (5195) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 11, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2004 I'm torn here, really. On the one hand, I have a difficult giving anything owned by a mega an even break. On the other hand, I'm thinkin' that if it introduces a fairly obscure style (to most American tastes) to a wider audience, then applaud it. Or maybe I could just rate it, and quit whining. So here goes. Cloudy dark goldish orange. Nice white head. Orange smell. Tang, actually, plus some, I don't know, cinnamon? Fluffy mouthfeel. Citrus, mild wheat, vanilla flavors. dryish finish, kinda like an American wheat. Decent beer from Coors.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
willblake (2653) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 10, 2004
I too had this beer served with an orange. That was fine, I guess. It's kind of orangey yellow like cheap OJ. Nice head, thick and tall. Uncomplex, regular, average, beer. It looks fancier than I think it is. A bit of savory spice that matched well with the citrus flavor. Not bad, but kind of pricey.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - MAR 5, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 2, 2004 OK, so it's not Hoegaarden. we know this. But it's not that bad. I had it served with an orange by a few HOT promo girls. Yeah that makes it go down a little easier. Not a bad Coors beer for what it is. Re-rate July June 30, 2004. This is total drainpour. So the server wasn't as hot as last time but the beer sucked hard. Who actually goes out and buys this swill?