overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 2821   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editorís Note: Much of this beerís production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fraternie (814) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Very wheaty. Sometimes that bothers me. Other than that, average brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Macro-wit. Uniteresting, gimicky, nothing like what it should be.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 22, 2002
cloudy yellow orange..very little head..
Aroma of dried apricots..
Definitely not like a witbier..but Iíll tell you, it had a real genuine apricot taste to it that deserves some sort of respect..the flavor moves from fruity apricot to more spicy notes..I donít give a hoot who makes this..I think its pretty damn good!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kyzr (1147) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - NOV 20, 2002
I have to say, Iím not a huge fan of this beer. I thought it had a shampoo type nose to it. The flavor was citrus, with a lot of carbination.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 19, 2002
Iíll go ahead and admit that Iím not a big fan of white beers, so Iíll try to not let that affect my rating of this beer. I enjoyed my experience with Blue Moon, although Iím not sure Iíd buy it with my own money. Pretty decent brew for a Macro, with an original flavor although a bit bland for my tastes. Reminds me of Hoegaardden and some of the other whites I encountered in France and Belgium.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 15, 2002
Fruity plum/citrus smell. Light malty flavor. Very yeasty flavor. Not quite like the Belgian varieties, but still nice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 7, 2002
this one had a lemon grass smell old hay taste and a light watery finishok for a belgian but could be alot better

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
legion242 (2143) - Richardson, Texas, USA - NOV 5, 2002
A bit orange-y for a wit. No head. Thinish palate- hint of cinnamon. Crisp. Light.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
badgerben (4385) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 31, 2002
It was highly recommended to me by the waiter. To me, it tasted like heavily carbonated Budweiser with a lemon in it. Really not right at all. One of my patented Neck-Spasm-Inducing-Beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20