overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 2837   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editorís Note: Much of this beerís production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 19, 2002
Iíll go ahead and admit that Iím not a big fan of white beers, so Iíll try to not let that affect my rating of this beer. I enjoyed my experience with Blue Moon, although Iím not sure Iíd buy it with my own money. Pretty decent brew for a Macro, with an original flavor although a bit bland for my tastes. Reminds me of Hoegaardden and some of the other whites I encountered in France and Belgium.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 15, 2002
Fruity plum/citrus smell. Light malty flavor. Very yeasty flavor. Not quite like the Belgian varieties, but still nice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 7, 2002
this one had a lemon grass smell old hay taste and a light watery finishok for a belgian but could be alot better

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
legion242 (2170) - Richardson, Texas, USA - NOV 5, 2002
A bit orange-y for a wit. No head. Thinish palate- hint of cinnamon. Crisp. Light.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
badgerben (4392) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 31, 2002
It was highly recommended to me by the waiter. To me, it tasted like heavily carbonated Budweiser with a lemon in it. Really not right at all. One of my patented Neck-Spasm-Inducing-Beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rhino (57) - USA - OCT 31, 2002

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 29, 2002
Not a bad beer for the price and readily available. This is the beer that got me into wits.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
NeonLX (261) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 28, 2002
I canít make up my mind about this beer. First time I ever tried it, the weather was really hot and I happened to see this on tap at a local watering hole. It looked kinda pretty in the tall, thin glass--nice, foamy head on top of a light, golden and slightly cloudy body. The taste was subtle & nice, especially on a such a hot day. The next time I tried it was from a bottle. It seemed to lose something in the translation--the taste was weaker and it didnít pour into a glass as nicely as I remembered it on tap. Not one of my favorites, but not that bad either...

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Frank (2817) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 23, 2002
UPDATED: APR 8, 2003 It has a taste I've never been able to identify except to call it the "Coors taste." On top of that, it tastes like citrus perfume. Kinda funny, kinda gross. I think I will be avoiding this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SlamminScott (40) - USA - OCT 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2003 A solid beer, nothing to get excited about, but very drinkable. Has a sweet citrus flavor.