overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 2769   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
"Belgian White Ale" (North America) / "North American Craft Beer" (UK)
Brewed with oats for creaminess and spiced with the perfect combination of orange peel and coriander.
An unfiltered wheat ale spiced in the Belgian tradition for an uncommonly smooth taste.
Gold medalist (white beer) at 1995 World Beer Championships, silver medalist (white beer) at 1996 and 1997 World Beer Championships. 171 calories per 12-ounce serving and 5.4% abv.
Editor’s Note: Much of this beer’s production now comes from the Molson brewery in Toronto. A small portion of Denver draught production comes from the SandLot brewery. Still other product may continue to hail from Golden. 7/19/08.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lizziesage (180) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 10, 2001
I dislike Belgian White Ales traditionally. The harsh peppery characater is too unsettling for my pallette. With that in mind I give my opnion that Blue Moon sits well with me. Probably because it’s flavor is a little west of a true Belgium. It greets with a nice spicy nose and produces a nice smooth drink with just hints of orange and pepper taste. It’s more subtle and not overpowering. So as a ’belgium white’ I doubt it bodes well; but, as a good drink I love it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gandalfe99 (3) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - SEP 10, 2001 does not count
Very, very tasty. WHile I have no other experience with belgian whites, I quite enjoy the spiciness of this beer and the zippy finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - SEP 6, 2001
Not what I expected. It was ok but not something I loved

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
John Wentworth99 (10) - CANADA - SEP 3, 2001
My second favorite beer of all time, also apparently unavailable in western Canada. Detractors of this brew should stick to MGD! To me, it’s better than the true Belgian whites in every way.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
gsto2299 (4) - USA - SEP 6, 2001 does not count
A tad weak for a Belgian wheat ale, but Blue Moon makes up for the lack of strength with a smooth texture.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - AUG 30, 2001
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2003 The first belgian white beer i have ever had and i was impressed. It was light and crisp and very refreshing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2001
I view white beers something like I view jazz; there’s something I just don’t get, although I usually admire the craftsmanship. This beer, however, must be the Kenny G of beers. The ornamentation of extras strains, in a desperate, sickly way, to cover up for a lack of real substance.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
trappist12 (200) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - AUG 22, 2001
If you want a good witbier buy Hoegaarden!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ravidesai (940) - Bombay, INDIA - AUG 22, 2001
one of the better American micro interpretations of a Belgian wit. very light and tart. a refreshing beverage

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JessterCPA (130) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - AUG 29, 2001
Awesome white beer. Light. Citrus. Unfiltered. I have turned many people onto this. I even had it on tap in Atlantic City NJ!