overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 2.77/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.76   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Wheat ale brewed with the juice of Chardonnay grapes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Darkmagus82 (558) - - JUL 10, 2014
Poured from bottle into a wine glass Appearance Ė The beer pours a golden amber color with a one finger head of white foam. The head fades quite quickly leaving a bit of foamy lace on the sides of the glass. Smell Ė The aroma of the beer is big of a fruity smell with lots of white grape, apple, and a bit of a banana aroma. Along with these smells are some light lemon aromas and a bit of a more grassy and herbal smell. There is a little bit of yeast as well as some light spice smells of clove and coriander, giving a nice sweet and fruity spiced aroma overall. Taste Ė The taste begins with a fruity and doughy taste with the fruit being mainly of a white grape, flavor but also containing some apple and pear. As the taste moves on more and more yeasty flavors come to the tongue bringing with them some spice flavors of clove and coriander. While these flavors develop the fruity flavors are joined by some other sweeter flavors of a caramel and sweet malt flavor. Some herbal and light grassy flavors also develop on the tongue later in the taste with some candied flavors and a bit of a honey joining into the taste. In the end, with all the flavor transitions that occur, one is left with a sweet and fruity somewhat malty but wine-like taste to linger on the tongue. Mouthfeel Ė The body of the beer is on the thicker and creamier side with a carbonation level that is on the average side. A little thinner of a body was more expected and may have been more appropriate for the somewhat wine like characteristics of the brew while a slightly higher carbonation would have produced a nice champagne like feel that would likely meld very well with the beer characteristics of the brew. Overall Ė A fairly tasty and much thicker than anticipated brew with a very nice aroma. Overall this was a rather well done beer-wine like hybrid.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Patrickctenchi (3478) - Coxís Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAY 9, 2014
Bottle: Clear, bubbly gold with a soapy white head. White grape, slight oxidation/bread scent. Taste is sweet white grape, slightly tart fruit, wheat malt. A little sticky... More of a fortified fruit juice than a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bill Becker (226) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - MAY 7, 2014
A 9I% abv Wit bottled the 13th day of 2014. Ummm...the abv boggles my mind. The first pour from the 750 ml bottle shows me a crystal clear light golden brew that produces a 2 finger head of foam. The bottle says serve chilled but I usually donít go that route. The smell has a hoppy flowery thing going on. No, not really hoppy; more of a dank flowery nose to it. There could be some clove notes there but itís hard to distinguish. Then again, I get a resembling nose of an American Adjunct Lager here. I "donít" get any grape like presence in the nose at all. Taste wise, it seems like a completely different beer. The wine-ish grape that this brew is brewed with is the first thing I notice. It brings a relatively sweet aspect to the taste. I get hints of yeast and some spice but the fruit seems to dominate the taste. Itís sweet but very slightly tart. The mouthfeel is fine; medium body and carbonation. In the end, I find it an okay brew though 750ml of it may be a bit too much for me.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
shrubber85 (7387) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - MAY 2, 2014
Bottle. Sour corn/barley malt and light white wine aroma. Golden yellow with moderate head. Sweet orange malt and sour cheap white wine. Uh oh, I feel a pointless memory from my youth coming back - June 1984 in a small Gasthaus in a small Austrian village. Iím on a high school trip with my German teacher and several miscreants. Our teacher has unwisely left us to our own devices (probably because he is completely worn out after dealing with our juvenile shenanigans for 3 weeks straight). One of my fellow miscreants whips out a fine 1 liter box of fine Weisswein he purchased early in the day. We start choking it down - somehow finishing off a second liter of this vintage from Satanís own vineyard. At this point, we decided that smoking a cigarette or two sounded good to all of us. I am volunteered to go into the streets in the early morning to find a cigarette machine (since I am the only one who would be able to get down the stairs without rolling down them). Luckily, it is 1984 and there is a cigarette vending machine every 75 meters in Austria (even in villages with only three houses). I fumble with numerous Austrian coins of unknown value - it is dark so I canít tell what is what so just keep putting in coins and pulling knobs until I am rewarded with a pack of fine tobacco. I bring the pack back up stairs, and we smoke them all (in the window sill so our teacher wonít smell the smoke). I finally pass out sometime around 3 AM. The next morning I awake with a taste in my mouth very similar to what this beer tastes like. Thank God for Breakfast Nutella.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
alexsdad06 (5342) - Ohio, USA - APR 4, 2014
Bottle shared by a friend. Pours a clear yellow golden color with a thin off white film. The aroma and flavor have sweet malts, Chardonnay notes and grape juice, pale wheat malt. This is pretty sweet and juicy with the wheat taking a second billing. Again, too expensive for what this is.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BOSSbrewer (1498) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 11, 2014
Pours a clear golden wit two fingers of fluffy white head. Aroma is sweet grapes. Flavor is sweet and sort of wine tasting. Medium bodied with a fairly sweet finish. Meh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
scooterbub (815) - Lander, Wyoming, USA - MAR 9, 2014
750ml bottle. Pours a nice golden color with a one inch white head that fades. Taste is of grapes, fruit, citrus, yeast, apples and malt. Similar aroma. Has a lighter body that finishes clean. Drinks more like a cider than a beer and comes across like a malt liquor. Good, but not quite what I was hoping for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
5000 (6211) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - MAR 2, 2014
Bottle: † A somewhat thick and almost sickly sweet fruitiness, soft to moderate chardonnay like flavors, with a very faint wheaty background. † Pretty thick, well thick enough to the point that the sweetness almost makes it a bit sickly. † Almost mealy. † Big sweet chardonnay like finish. † Tiz alright, but its a bit too sweet for the most part.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dwyerpg (4508) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 8, 2014
This has a fairly strong wheat content to it, though the grapes are quite noticeable as well. Also, a strong effervescence. Okay.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Danyel (594) - Colorado, USA - DEC 29, 2013
Bottle. Pours clear light yellow with white head. Has a very wheaty, orange aroma. Very simple tasting, easy, slightly creamy, touch of oranges. I really have to dig to find something in this beer. Very boring, almost like drinking water, needs a lot more going on! Boring.