RATINGS: 1110   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 22, 2004
Spice, wheat and malt aroma, deep amber, fair sized toffee head. Fine malt flavour, some caramel, woodiness, not much pumpkin. Light bodied, pleasingly bitter. Nice beer, but pumpkin is lacking.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - OCT 22, 2004
hmmm...can’t really discern any pumpkin quality to this beer. Lacking in the spicy taste associated with many better pumpkin ales. Not a great effort.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerGod (6029) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - OCT 16, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 21, 2005 Bottle. Reddish amber body with a small orange-tan head. Nose is light pumpkin pie, light spice, generous malts and mild hints of caramel. Timid pumpkin flavors blended with faded spiciness and a sweeter malt profile. Body is medium with decent carbonation feel. Finishes with light spice and fruit with mild malt and caramel notes. Much better than expected and very drinkable!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badgerben (4889) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 16, 2004
Pours a dark amber color with a medium head. Aroma of possibly over-rippened pumpkin. Decent taste of pumpkin and malt, but it laked much of the spices that make up the typical pumkin ale. Slightly disappointing, but not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
PhatB420 (839) - Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Venturing down a steep mountain hill after an intense hike I could only dream of the relazation that awatied me at home. I prance in to find this wonderful beer looking me in the eye, saying, drink me, rest, enjoy, relax. so I did. the taste fit the mood perfectly as a slight bit of pumpkin-ness hit my tongue, but that was it, not much to offer after that. but at that moment the mood was just right. I had one the next day and then reached for a bud light. yeah, I said that.

esagz (6) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 11, 2004 does not count
Best pumpkin flavored beer bar none. Excellent spicy flavor; no moldy pumpkin taste like some other pumpkin beers have. Orange color fits right in to the autumn theme of this exceptional brew. Another Blue Moon winner...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
shusterr (2) - Pittsgrove, New Jersey, USA - OCT 11, 2004 does not count
Pumpkin What? I have had pumpkin beer before but this is the worst I have had so far. No taste at all! If you are in the Philadelphia area you must go to Iron Hill Brewery for the best Pumpkin Ale ever made! It is availabe around Halloween.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
zach8270 (4022) - Henrietta, New York, USA - OCT 6, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2008 [12 oz. bottle] Pale orange color with not much of a head. Decent carbonation. Very faint aroma. I had a lot of trouble determining exactly what was in it. Very slight notes of pumpkin and dry spices. Lighter pumpkin flavor than others I’ve tried. Sweetness and pumpkin flavors with a malty backbone and a very light finish. Not the best pumpkin ale I’ve tried.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Orange-amber colored body with abundant carbonation and a tight sudsy beige head that collapsed in less than one minute. Nose of cardboard, carbonic acid, mild spice, and faint pumpkin puree. Medium sweet pumpkin and malt flavor. Mild pumpkin spice. Fizzy palate.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - OCT 4, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2004 While I do like this beer I was semi disapointed. I think Blue Moon white is one of the best brews out there so I hoped this would be in the same legue but its not. It has a somewhat week smell and a bit of an aftertaste but the flavor is spicy and pleasent if too mild. Very beautiful to look at, I do taste pumpkin and I will admit it grew on me after my inital disapointment. I also think Buffilo Bills is better but I do hope to try other Blue Moon’s. How about making the rasberry available?