overall

RATINGS: 1041   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 7, 2003
My GOD they did it. Those wonderful people at Coors finally did it!! With this beer, every product in the coors family is incredibly bland!! How does one make a pumpkin ale boring?? Just ask COORS

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - OCT 6, 2003
The beer I bought just said "Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale" on the label. I think the beer has changed as well. I got a decent, fairly creamy head when I poured it. The color was a light amber with an orange tint. It had a pleasant aroma and flavor that hinted of pumkin, although I wouldn't have been able to place the flavor if the label didn't say so. I'm not usually a fan of fruit beers, but this one and a couple of others are slowly changing my opinion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
haddon90 (1423) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 5, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2003 Orange colored beer with practically no head. Smooth taste with a hint of pumpkin that rolls off your tongue. Pretty light, and not too hard to drink. Overall OK. Purchased at a Chevron in Auburn, AL.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 1, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2004 GABF 2003: Orange colored with no head. Spicy aroma, but not much going on in the taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 1, 2003
Has a great reddish amber color with some carbonation and a spice smell. Taste is almost belgiumish with an alcohol/spice finish. Overall it is not a bad beer, but as a pumpkin flavored beer it fails. I really don't taste the pumpkin.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2003
The initial taste reminded me of a barleywine. However, it smoothly fades into a nice pumpkin aftertaste. Smells great!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
sloth (2443) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Small tan head, short lived. Clear amber color, nice for a punkin ale. Punkinny spice nose. Med/light body. Mild pumpkin spice flavors backed up with some malt sweetness and flavor. Fairly dry finish. OK punkin ale, theres better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Orange/amber color, some off-white head. Unlike the others, I could smell the pumpkin and a bit of nutmeg. Flavor is light pumpkin up front with a bit of malt on the rear. Slightly sweet. Fairly light, middle of the road smoothness. I would say better than the Post Road.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - SEP 26, 2003
This is simply an average beer, as most Blue Moon beers are. They are better than the bigger brews, and are especially better than the rest of Coor's products, but they've never really wowed me. That said, I like the Belgian-style yeasts and lightly spiced flavor. This beer tastes quite natural, unlike many fruit/spice beers I've had. It's a good alternative, I suppose, to my standard fare of German Wheats, Belgians, and high-alcohol IPAs, but I wouldn't want to drink this very often.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
desurfer (1209) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - SEP 25, 2003
Maybe it's a personal thing with pumpkin ales, but I honestly do not taste any pumpkin or spice. It tastes like a heavier brown ale. Still a tasty brew.