overall

RATINGS: 1079   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - OCT 20, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 2, 2006 Re Rate: - A recent sampling of this beer was undrinkable! The beer taste of cooked vegetables, with no spice showing at all. The beer was absolutely retched, even the aroma!
Oh Yes Mama bring it On; this baby smell like love in the Air!!! A deep copper colored body, with a nice fizzy, quickly diminishing tan head. Aroma is cinnamon, nutmeg, cream, brown sugar, pumpkin, moist bread dough; I love you! Sadly the flavor is not as full, many of the same attributes as the aroma but largely toned down. A nice addition of crystal malt too boot….watery palate, so sad.
When will some one brew a pumpkin ale that has the mouth feel and palate of a Quality Imperial Stout, When?? I would drink a beer like that every week, I love pumpkin pie, I love the Fall season. Over all Blue Moon makes a pretty good Pumpkin Ale, I think I’ll buy a 6er of it sometime soon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Dark amber color,small head that faded very fast.Malty,lightly spicy aroma with a definate pumpkin aroma as well.The taste is mild and sweet,with a nice maltiness and spice to it,with a mild pumpkin flavor coming through,The flavors are very nicely done just giving mild to slightly higher hints of each flavor,but not coming on in an overpowering way.I've found that alot of these pumpkin brews seem to put a lot of emphasis on the spice and i prefer a little more pumpkin.This one fits the bill for me.The after taste is mildly spicy and pumpkiny with a nice sweetness to it.Very nice brew and well worth trying if you can get it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Easy drinking. Contrary to popular belief, this beer is enjoyable and I like it. Being that fall is my favorite time of year, I had to try it, and I'm glad I did. I probably won't have it again, but I am pleased to have tried a somewhat obscure style of beer(pumpkin ale). It left me with a good impression of the style even though it wasn't spectacular. After all, do you really want to drink a spectacular beer every time?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Orange color with medium size off white head. slighty spicy aroma, taste is rather bland,with some mild pumpkin notes, thin and watery. For a good pumpkin beer I would suggest New Holland's Ichabod instead.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
BillKismet (3502) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Healthy orange hue and pouring an excessively thick head. The aroma intimates a twinge of spice, but the flavor is of soft pumpkin innard and subdued malt with little or no spice detectable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 14, 2003
OVerall, this was a very drinkable beer. i just did not note any spice or really any pumpkin in it. Though I enjoyed the Post Road for its lack of pumpkin, this one seemed to be more of just an Ale that happened to be near pumpkins. No hints of spice at all. Not a bad beer by any means, just not a great one either.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Murph06 (121) - Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2003
Someone at the brewery must have fell asleep. There is NO hint of spice in the aroma of this ale. There is NO taste or even hint of spices in this ale. Tastes like a brown ale. What happened here? It's okay for a brown , but when the label says "Pumpkin Ale" this didn't deliver. I am emailing them now with the batch number from my bottle...get Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin instead.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - OCT 8, 2003
Smells like a deliciously spiced pumpkin pie. Excellent orange/red color, nice head and lacing. Nice creamy palate, full of the expected pumpkin and spice flavors. Finish is long, sweet and sticky. I guess this isn't too bad, but it's not really my type of dessert!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 7, 2003
My GOD they did it. Those wonderful people at Coors finally did it!! With this beer, every product in the coors family is incredibly bland!! How does one make a pumpkin ale boring?? Just ask COORS

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - OCT 6, 2003
The beer I bought just said "Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale" on the label. I think the beer has changed as well. I got a decent, fairly creamy head when I poured it. The color was a light amber with an orange tint. It had a pleasant aroma and flavor that hinted of pumkin, although I wouldn't have been able to place the flavor if the label didn't say so. I'm not usually a fan of fruit beers, but this one and a couple of others are slowly changing my opinion.