overall

RATINGS: 1077   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Easy drinking. Contrary to popular belief, this beer is enjoyable and I like it. Being that fall is my favorite time of year, I had to try it, and I'm glad I did. I probably won't have it again, but I am pleased to have tried a somewhat obscure style of beer(pumpkin ale). It left me with a good impression of the style even though it wasn't spectacular. After all, do you really want to drink a spectacular beer every time?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Orange color with medium size off white head. slighty spicy aroma, taste is rather bland,with some mild pumpkin notes, thin and watery. For a good pumpkin beer I would suggest New Holland's Ichabod instead.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
BillKismet (3412) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Healthy orange hue and pouring an excessively thick head. The aroma intimates a twinge of spice, but the flavor is of soft pumpkin innard and subdued malt with little or no spice detectable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 14, 2003
OVerall, this was a very drinkable beer. i just did not note any spice or really any pumpkin in it. Though I enjoyed the Post Road for its lack of pumpkin, this one seemed to be more of just an Ale that happened to be near pumpkins. No hints of spice at all. Not a bad beer by any means, just not a great one either.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Murph06 (121) - Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2003
Someone at the brewery must have fell asleep. There is NO hint of spice in the aroma of this ale. There is NO taste or even hint of spices in this ale. Tastes like a brown ale. What happened here? It's okay for a brown , but when the label says "Pumpkin Ale" this didn't deliver. I am emailing them now with the batch number from my bottle...get Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin instead.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - OCT 8, 2003
Smells like a deliciously spiced pumpkin pie. Excellent orange/red color, nice head and lacing. Nice creamy palate, full of the expected pumpkin and spice flavors. Finish is long, sweet and sticky. I guess this isn't too bad, but it's not really my type of dessert!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 7, 2003
My GOD they did it. Those wonderful people at Coors finally did it!! With this beer, every product in the coors family is incredibly bland!! How does one make a pumpkin ale boring?? Just ask COORS

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - OCT 6, 2003
The beer I bought just said "Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale" on the label. I think the beer has changed as well. I got a decent, fairly creamy head when I poured it. The color was a light amber with an orange tint. It had a pleasant aroma and flavor that hinted of pumkin, although I wouldn't have been able to place the flavor if the label didn't say so. I'm not usually a fan of fruit beers, but this one and a couple of others are slowly changing my opinion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
haddon90 (1561) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - OCT 5, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2003 Orange colored beer with practically no head. Smooth taste with a hint of pumpkin that rolls off your tongue. Pretty light, and not too hard to drink. Overall OK. Purchased at a Chevron in Auburn, AL.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 1, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2004 GABF 2003: Orange colored with no head. Spicy aroma, but not much going on in the taste.