overall

RATINGS: 1077   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt.

BillHick420's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BillHick420 (438) - North Dakota, - AUG 21, 2012
Pours clear amber with a slightly off-white head. Aroma of spice, some nutmeg. Decent brew, but off balance, and not for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
solidfunk (5004) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - APR 28, 2015
This has been sitting in the fridge at work forever so I finally drank it. A tick is a tick. Brown pour. Lots of sickeningly sweet pumpkin pie spice. Bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ordybill (552) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 21, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass Aroma- Has a faint pumpkin aroma Appearance - The color is a light orange to brown color with a small white head. Taste - Malt it the predominate flavor, I didnít taste any pumpkin. Palate- Light bodied with moderate carbonation. Overall- An average beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Jabah (180) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - APR 10, 2015
The first beer that I tried, I thought it was just OK. But by the time I was finished with the 6-pack I found it pretty good for a pumpkin ale. I didnít notice the pumpkin flavor at first too much, but then with each beer I could taste it more and more....but never was it too overwhelming. Also some other flavors, like nutmeg or something else nutty, maybe a bit of cinnamon. Color is a light brown-dark orange, not quite amber but more on the orange-brownish copper side. Body has a medium-light thickness, carbonation on the medium side. I will buy again around Halloween/Thanksgiving if the price is right. Now that I am blogging, I find the Rising Moon by Blue Moon to be similar to this Pumpkin ale, but with a lighter color and that beer has a "lime" theme going on versus a "pumpkin" theme. I said that I wouldnít rush to buy the Rising Moon again but would buy the Pumpkin Ale again. I guess the Pumpkin Ale just works better for my overall taste, plus there arenít a ton of pumpkin ales to compare it to vs. a zillion wheat beers to compete with the Rising Moon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Cidertron (30) - California, USA - FEB 16, 2015
This is a very deceiving holiday ale for fall. The aroma is decent with a nice full orange body. The balance of spice is poorly done overpowering the flavor of the ale and I get sick every time from it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cimbasso (328) - - JAN 27, 2015
Sampled on draught at a bar in Las Vegas. Amber colour, with mildly spicy aromas. The taste has hints of cloves and cinnamon and a rich pumpkin flavour that works really well with the lemon-dominated flavours of the wheat beer. Very pleasant, especially when drunk cold. Not one of the great wheat beers, but not at all bad when the pumpkin flavours are blended in.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
rodj69 (4) - Kentucky, USA - JAN 13, 2015 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 28, 2015 lightly bitter, pumpkin, clear, minimal head, orange, flat, thin feel, medium body,

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
bankerbeernerd (8) - Ames, Iowa, USA - DEC 23, 2014 does not count
Decent pumpkin spice flavor. Wheat character comes through too strongly in my opinion. Acceptable beer when there are no other options.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ElCapitan22 (232) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 19, 2014
Had this in a bottle, so the appearance is in question. This is a smooth drink and on the first sip, it is heavy with flavors of the fall. Cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon lend themselves to a nice pumpkin flavor. However, that quickly vanishes the more you drink it. Thatís a shame, as it would be a better drink otherwise.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jonathonsti (29) - - DEC 8, 2014
Bottle - pumkin definitely coming through. Maybe just not my taste but too sweet and lots of carbonation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
micahb (14) - - NOV 25, 2014
Not a fan of the pumpkin flavor. It might be good if you like that sort of thing. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone