overall

RATINGS: 1082   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 173   ABV: 5.77%
This amber-colored flavored ale is brewed only in the autumn and combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin pie flavor with traditional crystal malt.

edgallow's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
edgallow (2879) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 11, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 12, 2012 12 oz bottle pours amber with a tan head. Aroma of malt and spices. The taste is spice with a subtle sweetness.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TheGDBatPan (16) - Rolling Meadows, Illinois, USA - AUG 14, 2015
Just one more cheap pumpkin spice thing for me to hate, really. Itís too sweet, and it gave me an IBS flare up.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
ozzy70 (160) - Nebraska, USA - AUG 7, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours light brown. Aroma of pumpkin. Taste sweet pumpkin, spices and wheat. My first pumpkin ale, would buy this again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Mark_Eck (1225) - - AUG 6, 2015
Bottle. Pours a copper color. Aroma and taste are mild pumpkin and spices..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jsmanigold (101) - Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2015
Not a really good pumpkin beer. You can taste the spice but not really the pumpkin. There are plenty of other beers in this category to enjoy. I would skip this unless you have no other choice.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
BiiruBierBeer (651) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUN 25, 2015
Smells nasty, maybe like rotten pumpkin or something. Kind of harsh going down. A very singular pumpkiny wheaty taste. Aftertaste is hard to describe, but itís bitter and gets way worse the more it warms up.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
solidfunk (5466) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - APR 28, 2015
This has been sitting in the fridge at work forever so I finally drank it. A tick is a tick. Brown pour. Lots of sickeningly sweet pumpkin pie spice. Bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ordybill (693) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 21, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass Aroma- Has a faint pumpkin aroma Appearance - The color is a light orange to brown color with a small white head. Taste - Malt it the predominate flavor, I didnít taste any pumpkin. Palate- Light bodied with moderate carbonation. Overall- An average beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Jabah (217) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - APR 10, 2015
The first beer that I tried, I thought it was just OK. But by the time I was finished with the 6-pack I found it pretty good for a pumpkin ale. I didnít notice the pumpkin flavor at first too much, but then with each beer I could taste it more and more....but never was it too overwhelming. Also some other flavors, like nutmeg or something else nutty, maybe a bit of cinnamon. Color is a light brown-dark orange, not quite amber but more on the orange-brownish copper side. Body has a medium-light thickness, carbonation on the medium side. I will buy again around Halloween/Thanksgiving if the price is right. Now that I am blogging, I find the Rising Moon by Blue Moon to be similar to this Pumpkin ale, but with a lighter color and that beer has a "lime" theme going on versus a "pumpkin" theme. I said that I wouldnít rush to buy the Rising Moon again but would buy the Pumpkin Ale again. I guess the Pumpkin Ale just works better for my overall taste, plus there arenít a ton of pumpkin ales to compare it to vs. a zillion wheat beers to compete with the Rising Moon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Cidertron (33) - California, USA - FEB 16, 2015
This is a very deceiving holiday ale for fall. The aroma is decent with a nice full orange body. The balance of spice is poorly done overpowering the flavor of the ale and I get sick every time from it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cimbasso (356) - - JAN 27, 2015
Sampled on draught at a bar in Las Vegas. Amber colour, with mildly spicy aromas. The taste has hints of cloves and cinnamon and a rich pumpkin flavour that works really well with the lemon-dominated flavours of the wheat beer. Very pleasant, especially when drunk cold. Not one of the great wheat beers, but not at all bad when the pumpkin flavours are blended in.