overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 674   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Ale brewed with honey & orange peel.
Welcome the season with Honey Moon Summer Ale, the winner of the gold medal in the Specialty Honey Lager or Ale category at the Great American Beer Festival 2006. This ale is brewed with clover honey, orange peel, pale malt and malted white wheat. Compliment any summer gathering with this crisp, refreshing ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mkgrenwel (557) - Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 15, 2007
Wow, this is actually pretty good. I expected very bad things after tasting the spring ale and smelling this one, but this is actually real good. Lots of honey flavor, but it blends in with the malts nicely and doesnít give me that offensive metallic flavor I get in lots of beers with honey. I only get a little orange, but it meshes well with the other flavors and doesnít stand out at all. The absolute best part of the beer is the foamy, creamy palate. It feels fantastic in my mouth. Itís both light and airy, and also dense and rich. After a while, I still donít love that honey flavor. And, the only other downside is that itís not as light and refreshing as I expect from a summer release American Wheat. Still, this beer cancels out the disappointment of the Spring Ale and lands Blue Moon right back into the range of my expectations. However, instead of two OK brews, they did one good and one bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jredmond (5025) - Manhattan, New York, USA - MAY 15, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2011 12 oz bottle. I was hoping to enjoy this more than I did, however, the one i tried was from a warm bottle. I need to try this again ice cold to see if it deserves a re-rating. It had a sweet faint aroma. The taste was of slight honey and wheat. I dont think this beer is as bad as the ratings say.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
heemer77 (5080) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - MAY 14, 2007
This has the all the flavor and character of a malt liquor without the high abv and cheap price. The body is medium gold with a large white head. The aroma is strange over ripe peaches with some rotting tomatoes. The taste is nasty with fake peaches and some hints of cheap honey. This is nasty and gets worse as you drink more. There is also some cheap canned corn. Awful. Iíll take the regular Blue Moon 100 times before this travesty.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
igneous1 (1489) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - MAY 13, 2007
I donít think this beer is as bad as the ratings would indicate. It gets points taken away because of the name. light honey in the nose and malts. flavor has a fair share of honey. yes the malts are a bit corny, but that isnít always a disaster. not as bad as the numbers would indicate.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Suttree (4903) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 13, 2007
Not much to say, really, Iím not sure why I even bought this, let alone rate it. Aw, hell who am I kidding? We all know why - Its because its what I do. I canít help myself, and Iím not going to change. Iím gonna keep buying everything new that appears on the shelves and then write some crappy "review" about a mediocore beer so that I can get one more rating, like some damn junkie. I disgust myself, sometimes. Oh, there is virtually no honey character in the beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dwyerpg (4354) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 13, 2007
NOt a good honey aroma. Taste is light and a bit creamy, but mostly there isnít much here. Not a big fan of honey in beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
nick76 (4145) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 13, 2007
Bottled as Honey Moon Summer Ale. The aroma is trashy with junk corn malt, orange, and a tiny bit of honey. The appearance is bright yellow with a decent white head. The flavor is like the aroma with very few redeeming qualities. The palate is thin with a light sweet citrus aftertaste. I half way like the regular blue moon (as it was my gateway into better beers) but this is junk.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jrob21 (2351) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAY 12, 2007
This is way better than the Sam Adams version of this style. You get banana, malt, and a faint citrus flavor. Shows a bit thicker and cloudier as well. Honey comes through to give this beer a little more depth. Decent beer for its style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JohnnyJ (4084) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 12, 2007
Pours a clear yellow with a decent creamy white head. Aroma of wheat, grain, and hints of honey and spice. Its really not half bad. Flavors of wheat, sweet malt, honey, and notes of spice and orange peel. Slightly tart finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
brigg (486) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 12, 2007
Clear, bubbly body with thick white head. Aroma has lemon, orange, and honey. Orange peel is present up front, but it is followed by a noticeable honey flavor. There is something else along with the honey - a mineral-like flavor along with the wheat and spices. Medium bodied and effervescent. Honey after taste.