overall

RATINGS: 206   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.75   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
In the 1940’s, Belgian-Style Pale Ales grew in popularity and were ordered by the round due to their balanced taste. Rounder, our expression of this sessionable style, is crafted with hibiscus and orange peel for a hint of spiciness and touch of wheat for a smoother, rounder taste.

Malts: Pale, Imported Caramel, Imported Light Caramel, White Wheat
Hops: Cascade
Our Twist: Orange Peel, Hibiscus

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
dlihcsnatas (238) - Texas, USA - JUL 27, 2013
Looked good but smelled musty. The aroma alone kind of turned me off so I wasn’t expecting it to taste any better. It did taste better, but not by much. Could taste the caramel and the hops but there was that off taste that I guess was from thier "twist". Nope not for me!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BVery (5618) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - JUL 23, 2013
Bottle. Brutal. Clear orange pour with a small white head. Stale cardboard hops, no real yeast component, the spice doesn’t work, I don’t get the orange peel, and I’m picking up some of the broth you find in vegetable soup. Fail.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
drjay44 (2489) - Salida, Colorado, USA - JUL 23, 2013
12 oz. bottle. Pours a medium, well retained ivory head with some lacing, over a clear, dark amber (SRM 15) body......nose is heavy malt, biscuit, toast, with light raisin, plum tones.....taste is heavy cereal malt, light malt sweetness, minimal spice, hops represented by very slight bitterness on the finish....mouth feel medium, minimal astringency, carbonation makes for a soft finish. This lacks any yeast spice in both aroma and flavor. While a technically well made beer, it could easily just be called an Amber without aiming at Belgian anything or implying a Pale Ale. The Cascade, Hibiscus and orange were used with a light hand in this bottle. It could use a more assertive yeast and a larger helping of hops. BJCP 7/3/14/4/6

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beer_est_deus (512) - örebro, SWEDEN - JUL 21, 2013
Bärnstens färgad och klar öl med litet och ljus brunt skum. Doft: Malt, honung, hallon, torkad frukt. Smak: Honung, mineraler, jäst, blommig.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ron (2352) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 21, 2013
I stand corrected. At Mike and Osra’s party, they had a beer avail. I have not had before. Of the 8 or more diff. 12 pks they had avail. they had Blue Moon Var pk. (I did not try the new fruit one) Pours brownish head, nice dark amber body. Aromas of some bread, caramel and chocolate. Taste is sweet and slightly bitter. Some mild flavors of hops are presented.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
sawbuck (253) - Round Lake, Illinois, USA - JUL 20, 2013
Aroma of bad fruit...slight hops. Weak. First taste is bitter hops with sweet malt. Chocolate in the finish and the bitterness ends well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
JediMindTricks (445) - Remington, Virginia, USA - JUL 20, 2013
Dark brown transparent color. Watery carbonated and sweet with a malty boring skunky aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
coyforce (477) - Virginia, USA - JUL 18, 2013
Nothing special to this brew. Pours a medium amber color with no head. Taste is weak and aroma is pretty much not existant.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
SudsMcDuff (5663) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JUL 17, 2013
avoided this when i saw it but saw a single and you’re right, that’s what I said. but soon as I got my cheque, I was gone!!!!

pours a deep orange .. mild foam .. . old spices, some sugar free maple syrup, and a touch of orange peel. maybe just the slightest bit of yeast .. . not very good, even for a blue mooner .. . .

You welcome to anything in my house...
but don’t let me catch you in my refrigerator...
or with your finger in my sugar bowl.
- You feel me knockin’?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sinfull (713) - Lviv, UKRAINE - JUL 16, 2013
Чомусь дуже сподоба& Янтарни& колір, біла піна яка швидко зникла. Запах карамел& і цитрусу. карамел& солодов& з цитрусо& нотами - via Beer Buddy for iPhone