overall

RATINGS: 648   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Blue Point Brewing’s Toasted Lager is our flagship product. Copper in color this brew is made from Six different malts including: English Pale, Crystal, Munich, Carapils, Wheat and Belgian Caravienna. Toasted Lager displays a balanced flavor of malt and hop which makes it easy drinking. Special lager yeast is used to produce that long lasting, smooth finish. The "toasted" part of the name refers to our direct-fire brew kettle; hot flames imparts a toasted flavor to our most popular microbrew.

dnstone's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
dnstone (2127) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 29, 2009
Not one to care for lagers, this one isn’t bad but nothing seems to stand out either.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Block (1319) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 3, 2014
Amber / copper pour with zero head. Sweet and malty aroma. Flavor is light and sweet with caramel dominating.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
jrob21 (2464) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 27, 2014
I am a sucker for a tick and this was probably the only one available to me at the UJoint for the world cup US v. Portugal game. There is some toasty grain there and a decent caramel body, toffee too. Kind of thin but totally sessionable. Light grassy hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dfinney23 (1573) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 18, 2014
Not all that much in the way of "toasted" but still really nice for a lager. Caramel malt with hints of grass and citrus.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sunni05 (31) - Florida, USA - JUN 15, 2014
I'm not much of a lager fan...really more of a double IPA and big stout guy. I wasn't surprised by the ratings of this beer. A little bland in comparison to what I'm used to. Would love to have tried this with a maltier base. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DocJitsu (826) - Florida, USA - JUN 15, 2014
Pours a clear amber-golden color with a white head. Toasted malt nose (surprise!). Sweet corn flavor. Pleasant and quaffable. Full-bodied and wet, with just enough carbonation for balance.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badhack (296) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 10, 2014
Light copper, no head to speak of. Roasted name, bread and lots of sticky caramel that hangs around in your mouth, the only real draw back to this beer. Floral hops, not really bitter. The toast is nice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
solidfunk (3589) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - MAY 27, 2014
The last moment of my VIP invasion. Again I’m glad I didn’t pay - being VIP doesn’t pay in the craft beer scene. At least I got a free bag of cheesies. On tap at the DC Summerfest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Lightrider (300) - Bristol, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2014
Bottle into a larger glass. Pour is a copper amber with a thick head. Aroma is weak but malt. Taste is crisp and light. Finish is clean.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Tino251 (4) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 19, 2014 does not count
Every time I order this beer I asked myself "Why?" as soon as I sip it. Overwhelming caramel flavor just doesn’t work on my palate no matter how many times I try it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MrHangover (2449) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - MAY 1, 2014
Bottle. Pours a clear light orange beer with a fluffy off white head. Aroma is faint smoke, raisins and grains. Flavor is medium sweet, light fruity and smokey. Interesting touch of caramel in the finish. Nice beer.