overall

RATINGS: 46   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
This beer is an American interpretation of the old Vienna-style lager. Exported from Europe to the U.S. and Mexico in the 1870s, this style had nearly died out by the end of Prohibition. Our version is medium-bodied, with a soft malt flavor balance by spicy hops, an herbal aroma and a slight citrus flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
drkilmer (35) - Myersville, Maryland, USA - OCT 16, 2006
I bought a bottle of this to try. Poured a lighter than expected amber color, unimpressive head. Strong nutty/caramel aroma. I found this beer to be almost undrinkable due to the cloying sweetness. I’d heard the new owners were tweaking the old recipes, and I had hopes this would be better. I will not be buying any more of it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ungstrup (28463) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JAN 6, 2007
An orange beer with a thin beige head. The aroma is quite light, what is there is sweet malty with hints of oranges. The flavor is sweet malty with notes of caramel, leading to a dry metallic end.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
weepingsuds (222) - Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - FEB 22, 2006
Huh? Was I drinking the wrong beer. This tastes so similar to three of their other beers that I can’t tell where it ends and the others begin.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bu11zeye (11760) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - DEC 6, 2003
(Bottle) Pours a medium amber color with white head. This beer has no flavor at all. Not a bad flavor just nothing at all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jaymobrown (1617) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 2, 2005
Rye flavor. Hop flavor. Red color. Kind of like sucking on a wet piece of six day old rye bread. Notes include: "This is a holy terrible F*ck of a beer!" I think that sums up my position quite nicely.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Goodgrief (1744) - Middletown, Delaware, USA - APR 14, 2008
Amber pour with odd fruity aroma. I think something was wrong with this...it reminded of the Penn Weizen I had a ways back. Sour, citrus like bitter lemon mixed with sugar. Overcarbonated and thin. I couldn’t finish it. I even let it warm way up...no improvement. Yuck.