overall

RATINGS: 305   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.79%
An American standard, BBC APA is a full bodied and heavily hopped American Ale. It is copper in color and brewed with a blend of pale and crystal malts, balancing the citrus and pine flavors from large doses of American and English hops to create a very drinkable, hoppy ale. BBC APA is a hopheadís dream!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JediMindTricks (445) - Remington, Virginia, USA - MAY 4, 2011
From bottle pours amber with lots of fluffy off white head, leaving tons of lacing and head that doesnít go away. Nice hoppy flavor, nice finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
mrwhledr (1) - Kentucky, USA - MAY 2, 2011 does not count
I remember when this beer used to be great. Each time I try this beer now it tastes different.(In a bad way) Sometimes I even get gushers. Also, I recently had a six pack that was so bad I dumped it. And now I am sitting here with another bottle of this stuff and it is has no aroma, the taste is stale and sour, the appearance is a copper to light brown with no lacing, it has a very light body and is oily and slick, very fizzy and astringent. I think it fermented out way to low and they put all the hops in at the beginning of the boil. Whoever is making this beer has really done some major damage to the original recipe or method of creation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
alexsdad06 (4522) - Ohio, USA - APR 17, 2011
Bottled. Pours a hazy dark golden color with a fluffy beige head. The aroma has nice pine and citrus hop character with mild sweet caramel maltiness. The flavor has only a touch of the malts from the nose. There is a decent amount of hops for an APA. Good bitterness, but lighter body than I would like. OK; worth trying once or maybe again in the summer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jrallen34 (3478) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 29, 2011
12oz bottle into my Darkness glass...Pours a super dark copper with no carbonation at all...A light grassy aroma with a hint of hops and alcohol on the finish. An unappealing aroma but not strong enough to detract...The taste is really harsh and bitter, metal, hop bombish hops bitter. This is a hop head dream in a pale ale. Not the proper taste profiles, skip this.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Shrews629 (193) - Kentucky, USA - JAN 31, 2011
I must preface this by stating that I received an old, past date beer. I feel that it is important to review the brew in the condition which I obtained it. I am going to try to seek out a fresh batch and re-review this at somepoint in the future. An orangish/amber/copper color with some yellow highlights around the bottom and sides. Itís hazy with an off white colored head that was kind of small and didnít leave much lacing or have much retention. The color is nice though. The smell revealed some apple and some sourness. I think I may have a bottle that is a bit old. No real citrus to speak of. It smells dank and stale. The taste was completely rank!!!! Tasted like amonia!!!! The mouthfeel SEEMS medium and dry. I couldnít really tell because I was too distracted. Couldnít drink it. A drain pour.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thome50 (884) - Boringville aka Irvine, California, USA - JAN 19, 2011
A golden amber pour with a so so white head. Not a huge hop aroma but you donít necessarily need it in a beer such as this. The hops are all up front with very little in the way of a finish. Itís a nice every day beer but I prefer a more hoppy beer with dinner any night. I could definitely see this as a great beer to get a pitcher of while watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
temporrari (380) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 26, 2010
Fairly easy to drink beer. Mild bitterness, but I think the hops they selected are sort of weird. Now that Iím reading the description, itís probably the English hops. I really donít enjoy the flavor they bring to pales and IPAs. I strongly prefer the American varietals. But, even so it was decent enough to have a couple on a friends dime.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jkwood04 (3396) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 24, 2010
On tap at BBC. Pours bright amber and a little hazy with a white head. Aroma of citrus hops, caramel malts. Flavor strong of the citrus hops for an APA. Definitely worth trying.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Frank (2381) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2010
This murky amber ale has something of an English character though itís presented in a more aggressive American manner. Nose is full of toffee-ish malts and an herbal note that seems to stem from English hops. Itís lightly sweet but more than balanced by strong earthy, piny hop bitterness. The body is medium full but w/ prickly carbonation which makes it feel a bit watery. This is kind of an interesting choice of hops to push to the front so aggressively but ultimately, I think it is more interesting than good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
changeup45 (1707) - Mount Dora, Florida, USA - OCT 27, 2010
Draft at the brewpub. A clear deep amber color and served with a moderate off-white head. An ultra thin frothy head settles on top that produces minimal spots of lacing. Thereís a pretty nice balance here between toasted grain, caramel, and cereal notes with bitter piney hops. Gets a little thin in the finish but this is solid stuff. A good session.