overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 224   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.37   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Can/keg: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
ABV changed from 3.8 to 3.5% in 2008.
Previously brewed at InBevís Magor brewery.
NOTE: The cask version has a separate listing as Boddingtons Cask (contract brewed at Hydes).

Dipper (1) - Essex, ENGLAND - OCT 24, 2014 does not count
Without a doubt the cream of Manchester, and anywhere else; I just canít get enough of this nectar of the gods. to the extent that my friends are concerned about my behaviour. To my shame I had to travel to the home of this ambrosia rather than attend the Great British Beer Festival 2014. The first sip of this elixir always gives me such a stirring in the pants region that to describe it would mean banning me from this site. Drink it and never look back!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
UncleStSimons (6) - Florida, USA - SEP 21, 2013 does not count
When available on draught, this is one of my all time favorites. Smooth taste and finish. I could drink several of these in one sitting (and have done it).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
vento76_2 (56) - - APR 27, 2014
UPDATED: JUN 24, 2014 fantastica. Ottimo gusto amaro deciso ed equilibrato. poco gassata. quasi una stout. ottima

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PhilnTenn99 (2) - USA - JUN 10, 2001 does not count
My favorite from the English bitter family. Lucky for me I have an English friend who has it shipped in on occassion. Very creamy head with a gentle finish. An excellent example of a true English bitter!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 14, 2000
Lucky for me that i have two friends who fly to Europe at least once a month, so they allways bring me back a bottle or two of some English or European beer. Top notch as a Cream Stout goes, smooth, decent malts and a fair hop bite, with a great huge head on the pour and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Englander1986 (51) - Middlesbrough, ENGLAND - NOV 8, 2006
A decent beer. Easily the best of the "flat bitter" range of beers, sweet tasting and cheap :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
Grzesiek79 (3303) - Radom, POLAND - MAY 20, 2012
caramel, roasty, floral, grass, cheese, cooked vegetables, raisin, pale, cloudy, white foam, light sweetness, very bitter, lightly sour, medium body, creamy, lively, soft carbonation, bitter,

TXBadger (1512) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 15, 2014
Pours a nice amber color with creamy white head. Citrus, bread, and some roasty notes on the nose; follows onto the palate. Finishes with a little pine and resin bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
vipinvelp (2356) - Velp, NETHERLANDS - MAR 25, 2012
ONe of my favorites. Beautiful to wath the beer settle and stay with creamy head. Smooth taste, perferct somewhat twinkling taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Itzjerm (1395) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - APR 29, 2013
A nice beer hood lasting head nice noble hop aroma. Easy to enjoy easy to drink. On tap in uk ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone