overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1993   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2002
I was pleasantly surprised that this was offered at the concert hall I was at recently to see a Stone Temple Pilots show. Normally, concert halls offer you typical garden variety crap. Hopefully the supremeness of the concert itself is not influencing me, but this was some pretty darn good beer! A nice creamy blend of maltyness, a sweet aroma and slight citrus tones.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Trappist (284) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 10, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2003 This was a very good ale! I want to try it again because I had been drinking stout all night and when I drank this it was like changing to water! However I think I would be able to rate this one higher as soon as I try it again! But this was a very good ale. Well after trying this one again by itself, I find it to be quite smooth and very refreshing. This is a very good bitter.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
acnemaster99 (20) - Albany, New York, USA - SEP 30, 2002
this is definalty the smoothest beer ever. It has so much cream in it that it goes down like a milk shake. Not to exciting to taste though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 28, 2002
I agree the creamy head is there, very light body and watery. Weak not much flavor, too expensive and not worth it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 26, 2002
I drank a lot of this one during my beer hiatus, when I was drinking wine. Very fruity, creamy ale which every bar serves too cold. Nothing terribly interesting in the hops department, but fun to slug down with friends.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Duffbeer (192) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 25, 2002
Very smooth, and not very bitter. I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 24, 2002
Bland and tasteless. Interbrew ruined this beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 23, 2002
I’ve had worse, and certainly would choose this over many other beers. Nevertheless, it’s too smooth, not idiosyncratic enough. It’s overwhelmed by my preferred beer-drinking snack of Bread and Cheese, although I suppose if I substituted store-brand Colby Jack for my more usual farmhouse Cheddar or Shropshire Blue, it might come through...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerguy101 (5282) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 17, 2002
Darker gold color, large creamy head. An English ale, mild taste, some hop bitterness. Full flavor, full body. Mouthfeel is creamy, full and round. Some malt sweetness. Finish is smooth. Aftertaste is very slightly bitter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ARMed (602) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 12, 2002
Overpriced and under flovaroed. Not a pub draught that is worth the PUBlicity. I don’t like this ale. Smooth and creamy, true, but not a good aftertaste.