overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2044   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - JAN 1, 2003
I had heard talk about this before, but had never had the opportunity to try it. To my surprise, they had it on tap at my usual pub this New Years Eve. I tried a pint of Salvator first (letdown), then the rest of the night I drank these. I was very surprised to see them bringing it to the table. It was very nice looking, as it was just starting to settle. After my second taste (the first seemed to be all head)I was pleasantly surprised. This is the first bitter I’ve tried, and I believed it was excellent. I think I may have a new favorite at the pub, if they’ll keep it on tap.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - DEC 31, 2002
Well, as seems to be the trend with these UK brews this was gorgoeus. The swirling mass of yellow nitrous waterfalls and beautiful golden color prepare you for something remarkable, but leave you wondering where the hell the flavor is. I mean, why do these people spend so much time making these look great and completely gimp out on the taste. This was absolutely watery and void of flavor, truly disappointing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dev (50) - Savannah, Missouri, USA - DEC 29, 2002
The head on this was great. the first half tasted great. the second half tasted flat on all cans tried.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - DEC 28, 2002
I didn’t know they canned soap bubbles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - DEC 26, 2002
I thought this was average overall. It’s good, but doesn’t make me want to send them all my hard-earned cash. The head was about the most exciting part.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 26, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2003 My mistake... this is good. Okay it was kinda creamy but had no flavor to speak of... what's the use of that... like caronated milk.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 25, 2002
Creamy!! I love creamy. It was golden and beautiful in my glass. I swear I tasted a fruitiness in it. I would love to taste it on the tap and see what flavors are really hidden in there.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 25, 2002
Golden appearance, typically trippy nitro foam. Sweet caramelly nose and thin, watery body. Finishes bitter yet disgustingly sweet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 14, 2004 Has a golden color with a very thick white head, but with little smell. Taste was also very light malts, but very, very smooth and no bitterness. Overall a different beer, but one I could drink repeatedly...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beb5000 (23) - Avon, Connecticut, USA - DEC 23, 2002
Very smooth and creamy. Great to try if you are looking for something different. It does lack flavor a little out of the can, I need to find it on tap.