overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (AB InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2112   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dev (50) - Savannah, Missouri, USA - DEC 29, 2002
The head on this was great. the first half tasted great. the second half tasted flat on all cans tried.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - DEC 28, 2002
I didn’t know they canned soap bubbles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - DEC 26, 2002
I thought this was average overall. It’s good, but doesn’t make me want to send them all my hard-earned cash. The head was about the most exciting part.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jfishback13 (273) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 26, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2003 My mistake... this is good. Okay it was kinda creamy but had no flavor to speak of... what's the use of that... like caronated milk.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 25, 2002
Creamy!! I love creamy. It was golden and beautiful in my glass. I swear I tasted a fruitiness in it. I would love to taste it on the tap and see what flavors are really hidden in there.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 25, 2002
Golden appearance, typically trippy nitro foam. Sweet caramelly nose and thin, watery body. Finishes bitter yet disgustingly sweet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 14, 2004 Has a golden color with a very thick white head, but with little smell. Taste was also very light malts, but very, very smooth and no bitterness. Overall a different beer, but one I could drink repeatedly...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beb5000 (23) - Avon, Connecticut, USA - DEC 23, 2002
Very smooth and creamy. Great to try if you are looking for something different. It does lack flavor a little out of the can, I need to find it on tap.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2003 The pour from this beer into a nice pint glass is breathtaking due to the nitrous release in the can when you open it. Everone at the bar was watching as the head made it's performance. The head formed a think, think, layer of head. The smell was not all that impressive, but I was in a smokey bar, so I couldn't make it out that well. The taste was unique. Slightly sweet with a rich flavor aftertaste. Overall it was an interesting brew that added a little variety to my stouty night.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ferox (84) - Newcastle, ENGLAND - DEC 21, 2002
Nice, smooth and creamy. Not much in the way of palate, but very refreshing. Don’t skit ’Boddies.’ As in the lyrics of ’Boddies’ by The Macclads, "20 pints of Boddingtons, every Friday night, 20 pints of Boddingtons, then it’s outside for a fight."