overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1989   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - APR 9, 2002
Git next to the mashtun with a copy of Playboy==>’cream’ of Manchester. Sweet, cloying flavor with. Pronounced, unbalanced green apple taste. Some minor degree of hop bitterness. Nitro tapping makes this have a nearly flat profile.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - APR 9, 2002
They call this beer ’The Cream of Manchester’ and just one taste will tell you why. Smooth...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dogbrick (7952) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 9, 2002
Another good widget beer. I thought this could be Caffrey’s twin brother so I am rating it exactly the same. Similar bronze color, creamy, somewhat flavorless Ale. My #100!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 8, 2002
Lovely pint. Has a good head, and is pretty damn smooth. Don’t have too many of these at a meal though. I had four with some fish and chips in Vancouver, B.C., and I couldn’t eat for two days for being stuffed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jaymobrown (1652) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 4, 2002
UPDATED: APR 13, 2005 A very unassuming beer. Creamy nitro texture. Really no character at all. It’s just sort of there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
quiksilverxtc99 (99) - USA - APR 1, 2002
very nice cream ale. bitter bitter bitter! great aroma, flavor is abundant and wood/metallic. the standard for what english bitters should be brewed to. Fine brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - APR 1, 2002
This is a little too weak for me, but not too bad. Has a very nice aroma.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
A rather boring beer. I tried this ale once in a local tavern & wasn’t very impressed at the time and thought that maybe there was something wrong with how it was served or stored. Some months later, I bought a 4-pack of 1-pint cans at a local supermarket and hoped that maybe I’d experience a more livelier taste. Unfortunately, I was not too impressed by this ale and I probably won’t be buying any more of it in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sigmund (5019) - Tau, NORWAY - MAR 26, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2004 Some of the smoothest stuff you can pour from a can. Perhaps not too much character, but I like it anyhow. Easily accessible even in Norway, a lot better than most of the stuff we get here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
aracauna (3055) - Georgia, USA - MAR 25, 2002
Just average. A friend and I checked out Fado’s in Atlanta and this was the only thing on tap I hadn’t tried before. I finished the glass, but don’t think I’ll ever go for it again.