overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2015   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddingtonís Gold and Boddingtonís Export.
Stronger version of Boddingtonís Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jaymobrown (1697) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 4, 2002
UPDATED: APR 13, 2005 A very unassuming beer. Creamy nitro texture. Really no character at all. Itís just sort of there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
quiksilverxtc99 (99) - USA - APR 1, 2002
very nice cream ale. bitter bitter bitter! great aroma, flavor is abundant and wood/metallic. the standard for what english bitters should be brewed to. Fine brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - APR 1, 2002
This is a little too weak for me, but not too bad. Has a very nice aroma.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
A rather boring beer. I tried this ale once in a local tavern & wasnít very impressed at the time and thought that maybe there was something wrong with how it was served or stored. Some months later, I bought a 4-pack of 1-pint cans at a local supermarket and hoped that maybe Iíd experience a more livelier taste. Unfortunately, I was not too impressed by this ale and I probably wonít be buying any more of it in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sigmund (5328) - Tau, NORWAY - MAR 26, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2004 Some of the smoothest stuff you can pour from a can. Perhaps not too much character, but I like it anyhow. Easily accessible even in Norway, a lot better than most of the stuff we get here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
aracauna (3146) - Georgia, USA - MAR 25, 2002
Just average. A friend and I checked out Fadoís in Atlanta and this was the only thing on tap I hadnít tried before. I finished the glass, but donít think Iíll ever go for it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
kwik-lime (1382) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2011 Boring nitro keg bitter, ultra smooth but tasting of next to nothing. It looks cool, Iíll give it that.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
kevinconaway99 (9) - USA - MAR 18, 2002 does not count
A friend of mine suggested we split a 4 pack of this one night. It was terrible. It tasted as if I had opened it, put it in the fridge and went back the next night to drink it. Would not buy this again or accept it as a gift.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cathcacr (636) - Oregon, USA - MAR 18, 2002
Hoping to try a good new brew, I tried this out on tap at the ípubí and was quite disappointed. Quite mediocre (average to below average), is my overall impression. Most disappointing, perhaps, was the empty character in the taste and palate. Wasnít bad or repulsive, I mean there was some taste to it, but it was just . . . empty. I doubt that Iíll lay down money for this one again. What am I missing that many others here seem to be getting? I donít get it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Definitely better from the tap. Good balance.
Earlier Rating: 2/8/2002 Total Score: 3.5
Reminds me of Old England!