overall
Brewed by Samlesbury (InBev UK)
Style: Bitter
Preston, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2043   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Can: Pasteurised. Nitro widget.
Also sold as Boddington’s Gold and Boddington’s Export.
Stronger version of Boddington’s Bitter. First brewed in 1994 at 4.8%
Creamy head and a golden well balanced body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gooner (136) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - APR 1, 2002
This is a little too weak for me, but not too bad. Has a very nice aroma.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
A rather boring beer. I tried this ale once in a local tavern & wasn’t very impressed at the time and thought that maybe there was something wrong with how it was served or stored. Some months later, I bought a 4-pack of 1-pint cans at a local supermarket and hoped that maybe I’d experience a more livelier taste. Unfortunately, I was not too impressed by this ale and I probably won’t be buying any more of it in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sigmund (5554) - Tau, NORWAY - MAR 26, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2004 Some of the smoothest stuff you can pour from a can. Perhaps not too much character, but I like it anyhow. Easily accessible even in Norway, a lot better than most of the stuff we get here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
aracauna (3187) - Georgia, USA - MAR 25, 2002
Just average. A friend and I checked out Fado’s in Atlanta and this was the only thing on tap I hadn’t tried before. I finished the glass, but don’t think I’ll ever go for it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
kwik-lime (1456) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2011 Boring nitro keg bitter, ultra smooth but tasting of next to nothing. It looks cool, I’ll give it that.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
kevinconaway99 (9) - USA - MAR 18, 2002 does not count
A friend of mine suggested we split a 4 pack of this one night. It was terrible. It tasted as if I had opened it, put it in the fridge and went back the next night to drink it. Would not buy this again or accept it as a gift.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
cathcacr (642) - Oregon, USA - MAR 18, 2002
Hoping to try a good new brew, I tried this out on tap at the ’pub’ and was quite disappointed. Quite mediocre (average to below average), is my overall impression. Most disappointing, perhaps, was the empty character in the taste and palate. Wasn’t bad or repulsive, I mean there was some taste to it, but it was just . . . empty. I doubt that I’ll lay down money for this one again. What am I missing that many others here seem to be getting? I don’t get it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Definitely better from the tap. Good balance.
Earlier Rating: 2/8/2002 Total Score: 3.5
Reminds me of Old England!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 14, 2002
This isn’t really bad, it just isn’t really good. Perhaps ’weak ale’ would be a more precise category for this. There are some good flavors, just not enough of them. Definitely under-hopped, and despite the nitro-cap, is strangely under carbonated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2598) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - MAR 8, 2002
Bright gold with med creamy white head. Head swirled around interestingly for a short while. Good lacing. Mild milk-like aroma. Mild and sweetish with a decent amount of fruitiness. Creamy and flat - would be a pretty good beer if it had some body and carbonation to carry the flavor. Almost.