overall

RATINGS: 75   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Our Czech Pilsener (a.k.a. Bohemian Pilsner) is the purest of beers - in our eyes. Clear and golden in color, light and crisp in taste. Our lager is well aged from real Pilzen Malt and actual imported Czech Yeast from Branik - Prague, Czech Republic. Only the finest Saaz hops are used to emulated this outside-of Pilzen, Pilsener. Crafted after one of our favorite Pilsners, Pilsner Urquell - you won’t be disappointed in this true Czech beer. The closest thing to Bohemian Pilsner you can get without actually being in the Czech Republic.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUN 6, 2004
NABA ’04: Pale clear lagerish, decent head retention. The aroma is lightly malty, a bit sweet. Distant banana & marshmallow again. Finishes watery.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - MAY 10, 2004
draft barleys beer festival III: not much to note here, some crystal malt character with slight stinky bitter hop finish. resembles a czech pilsener but way to thin. kick it up a notch boys...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Braudog (5574) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - JUL 3, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2009 Maize-like aroma with a bubbly head. Saaz-y and an authentic East European style, but maybe a bit corny. A good pilsner.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Motomille99 (7) - Salt Lake, Utah, USA - JAN 1, 2003 does not count
Utah makes a lot of beer and a few Pilsners. But when I tried this beer I really thought this was a true tasting Czech Style Pilsner. Reading their bio I now see why... with all their Czech yeast and Czech hops I can see why it tastes so authentic. I would have liked a touch more hops but though it was fine. Super smooth and a great golden color. Very impressive. I must try Bohemian’s other beers!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - SEP 15, 2002
This was the only beer this brewery had left at the Snowbird Octoberfest. What can I say, well weak. Not enough hops for me, however it wasn’t unpleasant to drink.