Bootleggers 3-Nut Brown Ale

click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.13/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.35   ABV: -

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
mrnutsnbolts (204) - Berkeley, - DEC 21, 2005
Tap. Poured a reddish brown with a light tan head. Smelled faintly of chocolate and nutty malts. Tasted watery, fairly bland, with a hint of chocolate and little else. Not much in the way of hops, bland. Thin mouthfeel.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
DYCSoccer17 (3299) - Woodland, California, USA - MAR 8, 2005
Faint, sweet chocolate aroma without much else going on. Slight roastiness. Dark copper/light mahogany color with transparent light tan head. Shit, this tastes like it might be beer. I made it through 4 other samples and now I am finally detecting some crappy, albeit beer properties. Start is bitter and slightly lactic. Turns roasty with hints of chocolate. Finishes bitter and medicinal.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - FEB 8, 2003
A BEERLOVER'S APOCALYPSE PART 4: BROWN SUGAR-WATER

I look around me. The clientele is all families; it was obvious from the menus, the conservative way the waitresses dress (the hostess is pretty cute, regardless; guess the place gets one extra point out of a hundred for that), and the decor -- 30s gangster, but "gangster lite" if you will. My wall is devoted to Bonnie and Clyde, with lots of cool photos, but none of their bloody dessicated corpses! C'mon don't tease us like that! My food arrives -- I can tell immediately that the chicken fingers and moxx sticks have exactly the same breading; economical, that. Potato skins taste a day old and microwaved, with fake bacon bits. Mozz is a very cheap variety, barely warmed through; fingers are dry and bland. Wings are the only saving grace, and they are quite sweet without a trace of heat, meaty, flavorful -- except I ordered "very spicy"! Oh and the salad was lifeless and consisted of iceberg, cucumbers, pink tomatoes, onions. Caesar dressing out of a bottle. The families around me are drinking from bottles. I walk past one on my way to the bathroom. Coors Light all around. No surprise there.

Extremely thin, watery and bland; a brown sugar nuttiness, the only real flavor, comes out a bit in the end; little aroma except for the ever-present cookies.