Bootleggers Adirondack Blueberry

Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7   ABV: -

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SuIIy (1983) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - APR 17, 2005
Smells like a fresh batch of blueberry muffins. Tastes like someone dropped the muffisn in a bucket of water. Semi doughy and kinda fruity, but lacking substance

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - FEB 8, 2003
A BEERLOVER'S APOCALYPSE PART 3: BLUE IS BORING.

Well after I got my beer I had to order some food; the menu was your basic TGI Fridays/Bennigans greasy lager-accompaniment fare, heavy on wings and burgers, cheapo steaks, salads that you know will be wilted and warm, etc. I go for a sampler plate, what the hell I need some artery hardening. I contemplate my beers, which the waitress could not identify; most look rather weak and clear, except the Oat Stout which is quite properly thick and well-capped by a lasting head. The rasp in particular looks scary. I'm guessing the pale one in front is the blueberry and hey I'm right! The food arrives (wings, chicken strips, fried mozz, potato skins, why am I torturing myself? because I'm masochistic enough to wonder which will be worse, food or beer?). What kind of bp has only 6 beers available, with TWO FRUIT BEERS, anyway?

Very pale and clear, almost headles, faint blueberry/nilla wafer (the house nose, I guess) aroma; medium sweetness, trace of hops, canned blueberry flavor is well balanced with the limited malts, but the ingredients just aren't good. Barely tolerable.