overall

RATINGS: 195   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%

ScottSoCal (1) - - DEC 29, 2012 does not count
This may be my favorite beer in So Cal. Period! The hops are floral and strong, but the malt profile is more pronounced than most IPAs due to corn sugar- lots of it. Production of this was very limited at one point, but appears to be on the rise these days.

mogydirt (13) - simi valley, California, USA - DEC 9, 2013
One of the best beers i have drank this year. Totally different flavor than any other double ipa’s out there. They just need to produce more every year.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
badpuppy69 (182) - orange, California, USA - AUG 26, 2012
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2013 Nice pillowy head, amber orange dark little plum colored. . Very smooth, massive grapefruit character Very citrucy very hoppy piney, perfect Sweet malt backbone to balance the grapefruit and hop bitterness. 10% alcohol hidden very well. Top 5 best beer ive ever had. Very pleasant tasting beer. Doesnt get much better than this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ChazMania (642) - Pasadena, California, USA - SEP 24, 2010
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2011 Bottle poured into my Stone IPA glass. I have tasted this before on tap at Najas, and that was awhile ago and after sampling tons of IPA’s, so I didn’t think it appropriate to rate that time. Now, I’m all alone on a HOT day and opened the bomber of it. I must say, this is the best looking beer I’ve seen in awhile. Dark red/orange nicely carbonated head. The aroma is perhaps the least enticing aspect, its not bad at all , it just does not have much nose. Flavors are HUGE and fantastic balance of sweet malt and hoppy bite. For a 10% beer, I can’t taste anything "hot", it is simply balanced. I’m REALLY impressed with this beer, especially since the bomber was 3.99~!!! I will buy more, yes....I will buy more....which means I will drink more. Great job on a very overly done style, yet my favorite style nonetheless. Re-rated 12/16/11: From 4.1 to 4.8 Bomber from fresh batch that hit distribution this week. This beer is INSANE- Mango and Pineapple on the nose; utterly delicious tastes of peaches and mangos; its a damn frikkin fruit smoothie of a 10% DIPA- the finish and body are utterly outstanding. I have 2 more bombers to enjoy while fresh this coming week and I may have to go find/buy more. Also, last year I paid 3.99 this time I paid 7.99 which its worth.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
BobbyAnalog (300) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 22, 2010
This firecracker pulls and tugs at your tastebuds in a frenzy of hoppiness. Great burst of orange and pepper flavors, cascading together, to make a floral right-hook to the jaw. Man, this is definitely one of the best IPAs to break ground on a human’s tongue. Good job, Cal State Fullerton.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ANGRYCPA (50) - - APR 28, 2012
On draft at Bootlegger’s. Wonderful floral aroma, creamy white head. Taste is citrus, grapefruit, pine, a little sugary, super smooth with a little bitterness. One of the best!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopheadj (7) - upland, California, USA - MAR 5, 2013 does not count
This is my number two beer according to my pallete its everything u need in a beer if I had a beer air freshner that would be my flavor knuckle sandwich. Tell me where u can find a 10% beer that tastes as smooth as knuckle sandwich yah cant

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
adrosson (146) - California, USA - APR 14, 2013
Very nice ipa. Pleasing nose with a very soft palate. Not overly bitter but still maintains good hop flavor. Bottle from whole foods

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Fatalstrike (130) - Cerritos, California, USA - DEC 18, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2011 22 oz. bomber from BevMo Long Beach. Pours a solid orange with amber hues. Nice white foam head that retreats to the rim. Aromas are big on lush citrus and tropical fruits with an everpresent pine in the background. Taste follows the aroma. The tropical citrus combo is simply fantastic. A solid malt backbone keeps this one together. Pleasantly hoppy, does not beat you into abosulute submission, but delivers a solid punch. The body on this beer sets it apart from many of the other 10+ DIPAs. There is a refreshing carbonation that keeps this hefty beer far from syrupy. Simply an awesome DIPA that is dangerously drinkable. Great job Bootleggers!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
CaraCurtis (115) - Nevada, USA - JAN 15, 2012
This has to be one of my favorite dipas, maybe my favorite. The aroma is definitely one of a kind from what I have seen in this style. Slightly thick. Pour is brown and not cloudy. I love the palate. I think the beer is unique all around. The mouth fill is gorgeous. This beer comes down to being purely beautiful.