overall
Brewed by Boquébière
Style: Sour Red/Brown
Sherbrooke, Canada
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 67   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A mysterious fermentation process residing in oak barrels that leaves a woody note to a vinous and fruity nectar. Inspired by Flanders Red Ales. Quebec Malt. Hallertauer hops. Wild yeast fermentation. Aged in a Compton winery red wine barrels.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jercraigs (8294) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 6, 2012
2012-05-04. Hazy red brown body small beige head. 3+ aroma is muddled, lightly lactic, earthy woody touches, sort of fruity, dark cherries. 7+ Flavour is similar, modest sourness, dark cherry, earthy green touches. Very lightly lactic quality to it. Average bodied palate. Pretty decent Flanders red, bit mild overall, simple but quite nice. Bottle via trade with Slovak Sniper

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
garthicus (2774) - Dublin, IRELAND - MAY 4, 2012
Thanks to Jerc & Mabel. Appearance: Murky red, zero head. Aroma: cherry, sour, malt, lots of citrus too. Flavour: Lovely & sour, good amount of citrus, nice dry mouthfeel, long cherry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerBeCue (103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 20, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 21, 2012 Wow this is my first review here, so here we go! First thing, be sure to leave this beer in the fridge for a few days as I’ve been told that this thing is just gonna explode if you open it on the same day as it was cooled down. Nonetheless, even if I listened to the advice, I decided to put the bottle in the sink just in case and GENTLY open it there. I slowly and progressively uncapped the bottle and I thought I was gonna be ok for a second or two, but then some massive amount of foam came out moments after! Be ready to pour...or in my case to drink the foam right out of the bottle!

Aroma is definately barnyard, with a tad of hay. This is FAR better than the only other "rouge des flandres" that we, in Quebec have to offer (Schoune rouge des flandres...read the rating and you’ll understand. I guess I should rate that one as well...uck Done as of Apr. 29 2012). This is only the 2nd sour I had, so my review might be a little biased but lemme tell you: it’s really worthy of its score! Apperance is delightful. We’re talking about a hazy orange robe with an intensely effervescent head initially, but it quickly settles down to...no head at all. Almost nothing even sticks to the glass, in fact, except for some yeast deposits. Not a problem for me. Taste is obviously sour, I’d say medium in intensity, but this is just because I never actually tasted a gueuze or true lambic. Obvious brett taste here. Palate: medium-light body, with a rather thin texture. Texture is relatively thin, and just very slightly oily. You get a quite fizzy one inch head after pouring which rapidly settles down to nothing after a few moments. Carbonation is very soft afterwards. Finish is obviously astringent.

Overall the best sour I had, yet. A very good and refreshing beer, that is best served cold. Even if I can get into pretty uhm...voluminous sessions sometimes, I wouldn’t have two of those (mind you, I just wouldn’t drink 1.5L of sour ale anyways)!
Edit: I had to re-rate this from 4.3 to 4 after having a Trou du Diable Dulcis Succubus, which is a superior product, in my opinion (even if it’s not a Flanders Red, as there’s only one Sour category here)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
georgebrassin (176) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 10, 2012
Cloudy red/pink with a smal white head. Aroma is brett, cheery, winery and earthy. Light body with a fizzy carbonation. In mouth is sour with slight fruity taste, followed by a strong earthy and tart aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jool (196) - - APR 1, 2012
Bouteille 750 mL. Brune-orangee avec tres peu de mousse. Nez vineux et legerement acetique. En bouche: un peu de malt en attaque, rapidement enterre par les saveurs de fraises surettes et vinaigrees. Un style dont je n’ai pas l’habitude, mais tres interessant!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Quevillon (2605) - Boisbriand, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 1, 2012
750 ml bottle purchased at Peluso (Montreal), on June 21, 2011 (first beer of 2012). Honey orange misty, small head. Aroma of red wine vinegar, spicy notes of malt. Light taste of vinegar to fruit, notes of pepper and menthol, sour fruity aftertaste. This brewery is usually a hit or miss, but this is a real hit!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
cfrancis (2658) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 9, 2011
Pours a dirty brown with a big frothy beige head with sediment. Aroma is intense cheeries, mild sourness. Taste is a nice cherry sourness with a slight oak. I’m just starting with sours, this one is easy and quite enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Glouglouburp (6104) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 2, 2011
In short: A fruity vinous and moderately sour farmhouse beer. Very good
How: From bottles at Soirée Des Brasseurs 2011, Shawinigan QC
The look: Cloudy dark amber topped by a long-lasting small beige head
In long: Nose is horse blanket, complex fruitiness (berries, grapes, more…) and some leather. Taste is a bit vinous, nice caramel, tart red fruits (including grapes and even strawberries), medium sourness, farmhouse character reminiscent of a leather horse saddle. I really enjoyed that beer. A nice surprise. I didn’t think Boquébière was capable of such a beer. I didn’t care much for this brewery until now, I guess the brewer gave me the wrong impression, he gave me a convincing Arnold Schwarzenegger impression but I clearly asked for a George Bush impression.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AlainG (1413) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 1, 2011
Bière de couleur brune aux reflets rougeâtres assez opaque qui a sorti sa mousse dès l’ouverture, pour laisser un léger col dans le verre. Au nez, c’est les cerises mûres que je sens, qui me rappelle le jus de cerises polonais, assez prononcé. En bouche, c’est très acide, surette, âcre er amer, suivi d’une pointe d’herbes. Lot 1104-0025 (94-031011/191111)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Eructoblaster (3273) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 13, 2011
Bottle - 750ml. Cloudy brown body with an average off-white foamy/creamy head. Strong malty/hoppy aroma with fruity (mainly cherries) and flowery hints. Alcohol is noticeable without being agressive. Well balanced hoppy taste with malty, fruity and some subtle woody notes. Ends with a sharp, long bitter/sour finish. Well done.