Boscos BGD
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.95/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   SEASONAL: Summer   ABV: -
Every year we present a classic American style beer during July to showcase the diversity and variety of American beer culture. Tongue in cheek, we are presenting this “classic”. Brewed with a portion of corn as a malt adjunct , "BGD" may well remind many of us of the first beer we drank. Remember the one you stole from your father’s refrigerator? O.G. 1044 I.B.U. 12

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - SEP 3, 2004
For a BGD I was really impressed with this one. I know that when we see a fizzy-yellow comin’ ourway we tend to cringe. However, Boscos does an awesome job reminding their customers that fizzy-yellows have there place and can actually be great beers. -Aroma: Very sweet with a touch of floral -Appearance: Light gold color with a, thin soft head -Flavor: Refreshingly sweet -Palate: Very crisp -Overall Impression: I liked it and would get it again

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
aracauna (3094) - Georgia, USA - JUL 27, 2004
Pale gold body with an ok head. Slightly sweet aroma. Light, sweet malt, bit of corn. No hops. Immensely drinkable. No bad flavors. But then, there’s not a lot of flavor involved at all. I’m glad that they said they brewed this tongue-in-cheek in their description of the beer. Still better than Budweiser, though. I’m still convinced that corn is a much more acceptable adjunct than rice.