overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 443   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Bob’s ’47 Oktoberfest is a medium-bodied, dark amber brew with a malty flavor and well-balanced hop character. With this Munich-style lager we salute our friend Bob Werkowitch, Master Brewer and 1947 graduate of the U.S. Brewer‘s Academy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MeSoSnobby (4) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - OCT 18, 2002 does not count
The first whiff had me wondering, but true to fashion, boulevard settled any doubts, it’s a fine lager.Crisp and not imposing, I wish I had some pizza.

heykevin (1274) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - OCT 8, 2002
This beer is not a munich dunkel, it is, however an excellent amber lager. Sharp tight noble hop aroma. Clear amber in color. Flavor hits your taste buds with a whack of sharp clean maltiness finishing nicely with tongue drying hops. This is an excellent fall lager.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
OldJack99 (114) - USA - SEP 23, 2002

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beloved Beer (278) - California, USA - SEP 22, 2002
I thought this beer was very good. The commercial description pretty much says it all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
morebier4me (140) - New York, USA - SEP 15, 2002

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
trappist12 (200) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - SEP 15, 2002
While I am not a lover of lagers, this dunkel version is tasty. A bit weak on the aroma however.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sethdude (694) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 13, 2002
A very nice beer from Boulevard. Smells hoppy, toasty, warm and lasting mouthfeel, great red/amber color. Very nicely done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
lagerman99 (66) - USA - JAN 15, 2002
Strong, warming, complex with an all out charge of robust malts trailing flags of hops and toastiness across the senses. Good stuff!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - DEC 17, 2001
I am not sure if I was drunk when I rated this last or not, but I see this beer in a complete diff light now. There is nothing impressive about this Munich style beer. The after taste is some kind of metal/plastic flavor and it just does not sit right in my stomach. I love KC and Boulevard, but this needs to be changed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aubrey (3430) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 4, 2001
Extremely well-made and finely balanced. Rich, malty, nutty, with a caramel-roasted goodness. Smooth and flavorful. Similar to an ’Oktoberfest’ style, but much better. More flavor, and more ’burntness.’