overall

RATINGS: 380   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Velvety black and perfectly opaque, this surprisingly smooth, drinkable beer is a delightful harmony of smoky roasted flavors and tangy, coffee-like notes. Available only on tap at fine establishments throughout our distribution region.

philfish (14) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 4, 2007
This is my personal favorite of all the beers that I’ve had the pleasure of drinking. It just seems to hit my taste buds just right.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BockMan99 (20) - lawrence, Kansas, USA - NOV 21, 2001
Best domestic stout in the market today! I pitty the people outside the KC area, for they may never get to try this truely great beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Coppermonk (2) - Mission, Kansas, USA - FEB 9, 2004 does not count
Cream cascades while head retains in this light stout quencher. I understand Boulevard is now offering this in a bottle conditioned version. I'll have to try it out. The mouthfell of this one is great, and the head retains nicely, administering a lace with staying power. This one definately illustrates that body and color are sometimes unrelated.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ads135 (3078) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - NOV 27, 2012
This is a great stout so its a shame its so difficult to come by these days. My understanding is that its on tap a few places in KC, but otherwise its tough. Dry, black as night, with a very easily drinkable character.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - APR 14, 2004
This might be the best tasting Stout I've rated. Big head out of bottle. Big flavor without an overpowering bitter afterfinish. May not be as highly ranked as others but its awfully hard not to give boulevard their props on this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
randolphjj (116) - Raymore, Missouri, USA - JUN 20, 2009
On tap at the tasting room. The lightest beer they make. Nitrogen powered with a subtle chocolate nose. Gorgeous black color with a bright white head. Lighter (and fresher) than Guinness. Slightly sweet on the tongue. Glass begs you to drink it all day long. Very different tasting than the bottled variety.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
K-V-F-L (292) - LaVista, Nebraska, USA - AUG 30, 2001
I found this to be a very subtle take on this style. The head stayed until the very end of my pint, and overall, this is a very drinkable brew with substance. Malt would have been obtrusive, anyway. Fabulous with salty pub fare.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
keith0718 (395) - Kansas, USA - AUG 15, 2010
Not very dry at all. Tastes like a middle-of-the-road stout with a nice, slightly sweet, roasted flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
honest_silu (59) - Jeddah, SAUDI ARABIA - AUG 17, 2013
Recent I visit city of Kansas with much barbeque and jazz. I visit local Boulevards brew factory for tour, but they tell me is sold out. After much dissapoint, I join a grp of festive ppl for taste experience and nice lady pour me many drink fresh from factory. I like this dry stout, it look like sweet choco drink and taste of dark spl brew similar to guinness or other delicious brew. After drinking many beers I exit and join next grp for second round of beer drinking and fun.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kidmartinek (3742) - austin, Texas, USA - OCT 18, 2013
Black, with a dense, tan head. Looks like nitro. Too excites to care about the aroma it tastes just like Guinness. If that’s what they were trying to do, they did one better because this one’s made right here in the greatest United States of America. The finish is a little roastier. Yuup!