overall
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 340   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Boulevard Lunar Ale is a cloudy, russet brown beer, with subtle aromatic notes provided by our special proprietary yeast strain. Lunar Aleís distinctive rounded, mellow flavor is crowned by a crisp, dry finish. The old world art of bottle conditioning creates a secondary fermentation, resulting in a beer that tastes fresher, better, longer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jezmez68 (396) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - JUL 5, 2008
Bottle from Wal-Mart in Lebanon, MO. I read the label and thought this was going to be a brown ale. Eh, I thought, okay. Got home, poured it into a glass and didn’t think it was a brown ale. Checked the classification here, and sho’ nuff, it’s a dunkelweizen. Smells of peanut butter. Pours a medium brown. Tastes like a weizen, only a bit more toasty. Smooth finish. A good American example of the style. I dig it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
aaronhaywood (74) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - APR 8, 2009
My favorite boulevard. Chocolately taste. Maybe some coffee in there. Very smooth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dooobster (2) - Belton, Missouri, USA - JUL 7, 2007 does not count
Good job, Boulevard! This is tasty stuff! One of my new favorites! I enjoyed the nice nutty aroma, smelled slighty of banana, but not too overwhelming... Good smooth finish, Lunar has definitely found a spot in my fridge. Being from Kansas City, I mght be biased, but I definitely recommend this for someone wanting to try something new.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerdad (397) - Kansas, USA - FEB 19, 2008
Pours amber brown, with a nice foamy head. It has a yeasty grass smell, and a distinct flavor with a little bite. It is lighter tasting than it looks, but a good overall beer. Iíll buy this one again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Zoso137 (52) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - FEB 2, 2008
this beer made me feel like i was in a room full of chipmunks. the awesome thing about that is the chipmunks are feet rubbing chipmunks.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
poopoo (3) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - DEC 8, 2007 does not count
This is more of a winter beer for me.. I like the body of it. Not to much hop,but enough so that you have just a hint while drinking. I donít like to much hop and this beer has just the right amount in my opinion. Poo

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
randolphjj (116) - Raymore, Missouri, USA - APR 28, 2009
I like the lunar. They changed the recipe after it came out the first time -- and I approve. A belgian yeast strain brings the whole thing together. Itís like a dark, unfiltered wheat meets a belgian beer or hefe... nicely done.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gmku (294) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - APR 8, 2007
A new Boulevard beer? Yummy. Thought it was a Belgian dubbel at first, but yes, the ratebeer designation would seem more correct, since it doesnít have quite the sweetness of a dubbel. Still, a nice dunkelweizen from a domestic brewer at a decent price (7 bucks a sixer around here) ainít a bad deal at all, no siree. Mighty tasty and quaffable. Thanks, Blvd!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chaz2171 (11) - USA - MAR 17, 2008
pours a pale yellow color. very aromatic. love that it is bottle conditioned and that it seems fresher than most beers

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lagermonkey (725) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JUN 3, 2010
This was part of a mixed sixer I got at Brewtopia in Omaha. Itís a hazy orangey-brown topped with a creamy ivory colored head. Thereís a wheaty aroma, clove and banana aromas are present as well. Fruity. Flavor has prominent banana and sweet spice. Clove is quite evident. Itís a lightly dry mouth, clean finish. As you make you way through the bottle, the aftertaste gets sweeter and stickier. Wow, what a surprise. I certainly wasnít expecting this beer to be a dunkel weisse and I certainly didnít expect it to be so tasty. Well done.