overall

RATINGS: 751   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Boulevard Pale Ale is a smooth, fruity, well-balanced beer with year-round appeal. A variety of caramel malts imparts a rich flavor and amber color, while liberal use of whole Cascade hops adds zest and aroma. Pale Ale is the first beer we brewed, and continues to be a perennial favorite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bbrock81 (312) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - MAY 4, 2005
Aroma is hoppy, with some herbal and citrus notes floating around. The appearance is very nice, a rich medium brown. Depending on your pour you can get a decent head, but it dissolves pretty quickly. The flavor of the beer is very nice, beginning with a balance of malt and hops, the hops gradually taking over with their citrusy tones, but not being as sharp or bitter as an IPA or Pilsner. The palate is quite nice, with a full mouthfeel and only moderate carbonation, which is great as I despise over-carbonated beers. In the end, this is a very nice beer worthy of your time, and is one of my favorite beers for under $1 from the grocer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - APR 22, 2005
Hazy amber, little white head. Very bitter nose, grassy, some sulphur. Thin, bitter flavor, some grapefruit, some cereal notes, but just too hoppy given the gravity.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Kevin (2155) - New Mexico, USA - APR 19, 2005
light orange brown pour. small ring of a white head. aroma is dead, almost undiscernable malt nose. taste is grainy and vinegar. finish is sour and not that pleasant, but not that bad, i managed to finish my half.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - APR 19, 2005
Bottle. Semi-enjoyable under hopped APA. Slightly sour in a malt vinegar kind of way, but not too much so.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Gmku (296) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - APR 11, 2005
I first met Dean not long after my wife and I split up. I had just gotten over a serious illness that I wonít bother to talk about, except that it had something to do with the miserably weary split-up and my feeling that everything was dead. With the coming of Dean Moriarity began the part of my life I guess you could call my life on the road.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - APR 10, 2005
Thanks to Duane. Poured a hazy amber with a fast fading white head. Aroma of yeast and slight citrus notes. Taste was dry and crisp, with a smooth finish, I am sure this would be very enjoyable as the weather heats up.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MrBunn (2575) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2007 Not a bad brew. Pours a nice amber color with a pale head that dissipates, but leaves some lacing. Aroma is kind of weak, hops and a little grain come through. Taste is heavy with malt and hops, maybe some fruit... apples and citrus. 1-8-06 I had this again this past weekend and found that it was very different from my recollection. The hops flavoring has been amp-ed up quite a bit and gives a nice pine punch that I donít recall and didnít not in my first posting. I like it much better this way and am left wondering whether things have changed with the brew, the drinker or the supply chain... either way, Iím a happier camper.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - MAR 28, 2005
good overall; relatively deep color and small lasting head with noticable but not overpowering hoppiness. good for drinking regularly with a nice transition as it warms.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Nice gold color, thin white head. Slight citrus sweet scent. Easy drinking with just a small hop presence. Nothing special, but I enjoyed it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 17, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2005 bottle - 3/17/05 - Pours a light amber body. The main thing I smell is citrus. As far as taste, there is a little malt (earthy), some citrus, and itís sweet. Not complex, but easy to drink. In the finish I get a little bitter taste...not bad. Itís not outstanding, but I like it about as much as Sierra Nevadaís higher rated APA. I could drink this from time to time, and I believe I will.