overall

RATINGS: 730   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Boulevard Pale Ale is a smooth, fruity, well-balanced beer with year-round appeal. A variety of caramel malts imparts a rich flavor and amber color, while liberal use of whole Cascade hops adds zest and aroma. Pale Ale is the first beer we brewed, and continues to be a perennial favorite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 7, 2004
On tap at the Marleybone. This is $2 a pint at my corner pub. Amber in color, solid hop presence without being overdone to make a point. Tan head. The least smooth of the Boulevard ales, but a delicious standard for the price. Can be found most anywhere on tap in the Omaha market.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jde123 (764) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 5, 2004
Pours thick, creamy, and hoppy. Tan color with a thick foamy head. Aroma of candy and hops. Very nice taste! Kind of sharp but still pleasant. Very good version of a pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bu11zeye (11971) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - MAY 4, 2004
(Draught) Pours an amber color with thin white head. Has flavors of malt, hops, and caramel. Descent tasting APA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 11, 2004
UPDATED: APR 14, 2004 A good pale ale. I was impressed by the boulevard brewing company with this beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - APR 2, 2004
I'm on a kick of being disappointed by pale ales - this one isn't bad - it in now way resembles the disasters I had at Springfield's microbrewery - but it doesn't have the floral freshness I was craving, either. It seems like it has all the right parts, but in a tired, exhausted sort of way. Rather like a distinguished, but slightly rumpled gentleman with a few faded grease spots on his silk tie.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 29, 2004
I was a little surprised with this brew. Pours a golden yellow with wonderful head with decent lacing. Flavors similar to sierra nevada but with even more bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 27, 2004
A good beer. the color is amber. the flavor is slightly fruity but lacks a strong hop identity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - FEB 7, 2004
Solid. Well, perhaps just a tad thin, but not hardly. The biterness seemed to fade after just a bit, but I attribute that more to myb excessive hop intake. I think it's really right on the mark. Kansas being relatively close, this is only the third time I've had it. Each time brought to me. This one I picked up in Portlsnd from a former K.C. occupant. Were it available I could easily see this as a great seesion beer. Decent stuff.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
haddon90 (1470) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 15, 2004
Great copper pour with a slim white head but such a faint hoppy aroma. I was quite disappointed. Smooth. Light hops. Some floral and fruit in the flavor. Nothing too special though. Even more disappointed with the flavor. Not watered down, just lacking some flavor. But then again I'm a fan of hoppy Pale Ale's so I'll give Boulevard the benefit of the doubt. Had this in Lawrence, KS.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JAN 6, 2004
Poured yellow/orange with a thick white head. I smelled this one right away. Big fruity notes of orange and grapefruit. Nicely hopped and great flavor. Very good.