RATINGS: 949   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53/5   IBU: 57   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Boulevard Single-Wide I.P.A. is our take on a style that originated in 18th century Great Britain. This American version—inspired by our Smokestack Series Double-Wide I.P.A.—boasts a heady combination of six varieties of hops, some of which were employed for dry-hopping.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
badlizard (5535) - Berkeley, California, USA - JUN 2, 2011
Clear golden with a creamy white head. Nice crisp citrus and light hoppy aroma and taste with a clean finish. Nice refreshing IPA for a warm day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jmohno (1351) - Iowa, USA - MAY 31, 2011
Nice light golden pour with one finger head great initial aroma that fades pretty quickly,big citrus aroma fading into a light fruit tangerine aroma some yeast.Light bodied easy drinker with a pretty tart hop bitterness grapefruity but more of a rind tart bitternes, taste some yeast light clean faint grain/carmel a faint bit of toastedness.I would have never guessed six varietys of hops,taste alot like my all centennial homebrew. This might be better balanced with a little more malt sweetness still a very decent ipa.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
PapaMick (43) - Jacksonville, Arkansas, USA - MAY 30, 2011
Light copper color. Thin head almost no lacing. Grapefruit aftertaste very noticeable. Mid range IPA as I am NOT a hop head. Not close to Three Floyds Dreadnought

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
kjc51478 (441) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 30, 2011
12 oz Bottle. Appearance is light orange with decent, off-white head. Aroma is disappointingly weak with notes of citrus including orange and mango. Taste is similar with citrus flavors the quickly fade moving into piney hops. Balance is tipping a little more to the bitterness giving it a moderate dry finish. Palate is medium-bodied, slightly thin, and average carbonation. Not really a true IPA in my opinion and only an average APA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
sthlm (1262) - Duluth, Minnesota, USA - MAY 26, 2011
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2012 [Bottle] Pours slightly hazy amber with a really nice, slightly off-white head. Aroma has a lot of citrus--especially tangerine. Nice, but could be a little stronger. After warming a little, some more piney and grassy notes come out, as the citrus disappears. I liked it more when I first opened it. Taste is just a slight letdown. Not to say that it is bad, it is just more malt heavy than I was hoping for. Moderate bitterness, alcohol is noticeable, but in the background, and then just lots of barley towards the end, with bitterness still lingering when I swallow. Fairly thick mouthfeel, creamy, smooth. Finish length is decent. Could be a little dryer. Overall, an alright IPA, but just not exactly my thing, and not overly memorable. Old rating: 6/5/5/4/12 = 3.2.

Re-rate: On-tap at Old Chicago. I didn’t take notes, but this was significantly better than I remembered it as being. Bumping it up a few tenths.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
adnielsen (10199) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAY 25, 2011
Bottle @ home. Orange appearance with a medium sized white head and nice lacing. Somewhat bready, somewhat piney, somewhat citrusy hoppy nose. Bready malty, medium citrus/earthy hoppy flavor. Smooth earthy/citrusy hoppy finish. Good but not super special.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
17thfloor (2443) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 16, 2011
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2011 Bottle dated 10/31/11 so I assume it’s only 2 weeks old! I rarely agree with Frank, haha ;-) but I’m glad he’s getting that lemony note also! Clear but viscous looking orange with a thick frothy cream colored head. Aroma of light vanilla, lemon, orange, light pine and resin. Flavor falls a bit short especially in the malt profile, somewhere between being light and clean and sweet and sappy, except it is neither, hops are lemony, lightly piney with odd harsh bitterness that leaves the mouth a bit medicinal. . . . . . rerate 8.19.11, funkybrewster asked me to rerate this one as he thinks I got an old bottle... well the bottle he provided me was not a step in the right direction, severe oxidation/bacterial acetaldehyde in here, huge foamy head like an infection present, nice green apple taste... mmm tart... thanks funky!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Frank (3601) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 16, 2011
This is one of those beers on the fine line between APA and IPA and I think it may be penalized by some for calling itself the latter rather than the former. It’s a really nicely balanced golden orange hued hoppy ale which clocks in significantly lower than six percent alcohol while still delivering a nice, big flavor punch. Lemony citrus flavors dominate and a slight candy sweetness matches well w/ firm bitterness in the finish. Carbonation is brisk, veering toward the fizzy side but that just serves to lighten the medium body and make this just a bit more drinkable. This is a nice and reasonably sessionable brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jandd1983 (3313) - Wentzville, Missouri, USA - MAY 16, 2011
It poured an orangish-amber color. The aroma was of citrus hop. The taste was similar to the aroma. A good single-wide IPA.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tero (49) - FINLAND - MAY 6, 2011
Very refeshing IPA, I am sad that I was a car driver and thus able to taste just a little. You want this beer on a sunny summer day. Some grass, more citrus, medium bitterness, lightly bitter, light sweetness.